2015 Sierra 100k maintenance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2015 GMC Sierra 5.3. I bought new. so far have only done oil changes and replaced a leaking AC Condenser and replaced dead battery.

what all should have been done or needs to be done at 100k mile service?

other than AC and battery the only issue i have had is on star/remote start from cell quit working but replacing battery reset that and its worked since then and the passenger window will stop working randomly. the first time it didn't work for 4 months then just started working again and now its just random if it does work or not. when it stops working it clicks at door just doesn't do anything. then another day it will work fine.

Originally Posted by Arctic388
I have a 2015 GMC Sierra 5.3. I bought new. so far have only done oil changes and replaced a leaking AC Condenser and replaced dead battery.

what all should have been done or needs to be done at 100k mile service?

other than AC and battery the only issue i have had is on star/remote start from cell quit working but replacing battery reset that and its worked since then and the passenger window will stop working randomly. the first time it didn't work for 4 months then just started working again and now its just random if it does work or not. when it stops working it clicks at door just doesn't do anything. then another day it will work fine.

Coolant, Brake Fluid, Rear diff (front diff), transmission. spark plugs, clean throttle body.. cabin filter, air filter, belts, PCV . Probably should look at the brakes too.
Check Tie rod ends, ball joints and shocks.. whew!

I did all of the above to my 1999 GMC Sierra 5.3 by 100K miles. Also had to replace plug wires shortly after to cure a misfire and the tensioner for the A/C belt. Good dependeble trucks. I have a friend who has a 2006 with over 350,000 miles on it. He's had the normal repairs you would expect on a high mileage vehicle but it has been a dependable truck.

Pretty easy to sum up:

All fluids

Plugs/wires

Inspect brake pads and suspension components, lube if possible

Pertinent filters

Sounds like a nice day in the driveway. Plugs on these trucks are simple, a couple extensions and a wobbler to work around the steering shaft helps. The rear differential should have a factory reusable gasket, saves some mess. If you can borrow a vacuum extraction tool, you could just suck the transmission fluid out the dipstick tube and refill. Good to go for another 100k!

nobody mentioned the belts. how long do these normally last? specifically i have two belts that are not tensioned they are stretch fit and have to be cut off to be replaced. how long do they normally go?

I do have a oil vacuum and this last weekend found out i can NOT suck the oil out the dipstick hole with it. It literally does not go down far enough to the pan i guess. i plan to try and find a diagram online of pan to see what the issue is. I do want to use it to remove whatever i can from transmission and replace it and do that a few times to replace fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back