Bad service from Amazon lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been having poor service from Amazon for the last several months.

I am currently waiting on a package that was supposed to deliver on Monday, and now its Thursday. Says this

We're sorry your package is late
We're working to get your package back on track, and we'll let you know when your package is out for delivery.
Please come back tomorrow if you still don't have it and we'll help you out.

Ordered an air filter for some OPE that took over two months to get. Finally got last week.

Received this email today:

Hello,

We're contacting you about order #xxxxxxx we recently discovered an error that caused the following item(s) to be displayed at an incorrect price:

B'laster 16-PB Rust Free Penetrating Catalyst, 11-Ounces, 12 Pack

In this case, we're unable to offer this item for the incorrectly posted price. Therefore, we've cancelled your order for this item, and you haven't been charged.

At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of items on our site may be mispriced. We're very sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

We value your business and hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com

Really needed the PBlaster as I have an old metal trailer that was stored outside that I'm doing a overhaul on, and have many stuck bolts/nuts.

Anybody else having issues with Amazon??

Ordered set of spark plugs. 2 days later order cancelled. Reordered. Same thing happens. I know it's not Amazons fault but they should monitor their sellers better.

As far as the PBlaster is concerned, Amazon was the seller and I bought it back in early July 2019.

Delivery issue is probably 100% the fault of the shipping company (USPS, UPS, etc), not Amazon's (unless they do direct delivery in your area now).

When I "really need" something, I go to the store and get it too....

Do you have Prime?

I've had a few things come a day or two late. I contacted support and got gift cards credited to my account as an apology.

Can't you pick up a can of PBBlaster locally for the overhaul you're doing?

Sometime the delivery system can be hit and miss. I had a order a few months ago that Amazon reported as lost. After I got the refund and reordered the product the first order showed up.

The quality and identity of some products is being brought into question. I used to get my blood glucose strips from Amazon but the last batch I received gave me errors and erratic readings. I've decided to buy them from a brick and mortar instead. Same with supplements.

Buying from Amazon or a reputable company through Amazon is okay but the third party sellers are questionable. I just had a lengthy talk with a friend who works for Amazon corporate and she confirmed there are lots of problems as of late.

Yes I do have prime. The PBlaster can be bought locally, but I needed a lot and the 12 pack would have been perfect for me.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Buying from Amazon or a reputable company through Amazon is okay but the third party sellers are questionable. I just had a lengthy talk with a friend who works for Amazon corporate and she confirmed there are lots of problems as of late.

Amazon really, really needs to crack down on their 3rd-party sellers because at the end of the day, most people just point the finger of blame at Amazon. I'm very cautious about the seller on Amazon and 99% of the time I will only use Amazon 'direct' even when others are cheaper.

Following,

I haven't had similar issues with counterfeit goods arriving over the years but I hear its becoming a real problem for them.

Originally Posted by FADEC
Yes I do have prime. The PBlaster can be bought locally, but I needed a lot and the 12 pack would have been perfect for me.

Well I see it by the case at Walmart and I think the price is sometimes cheaper than Amazon because they don't have to ship it.

As for counterfeit goods, the problem Amazon had was that they'd mix in all the goods from various vendors into one bin. So even if you ordered it from Amazon, you could get fakes because they mixed in everything. They've been getting better at cracking down on fakes, but that's why I'd rather order an auto part from a place like Rockauto or FCPeuro because they control their own supply channel so whoever they're buying it from should be legit instead of a hit or miss at Amazon.

Also I think if you have Prime and complain about it, they usually extended your Prime account by an extra month.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Originally Posted by FADEC

Well I see it by the case at Walmart and I think the price is sometimes cheaper than Amazon because they don't have to ship it.

As for counterfeit goods, the problem Amazon had was that they'd mix in all the goods from various vendors into one bin. So even if you ordered it from Amazon, you could get fakes because they mixed in everything. They've been getting better at cracking down on fakes, but that's why I'd rather order an auto part from a place like Rockauto or FCPeuro because they control their own supply channel so whoever they're buying it from should be legit instead of a hit or miss at Amazon.

Also I think if you have Prime and complain about it, they usually extended your Prime account by an extra month.

Thanks for checking on that for me! I'll probably just buy a few cans at Home Depot this afternoon to get me started.

Amazon still refuses to police fraudulent spec'd products like 18650 batteries, LED flashlights, etc. After Being Given Notice, For Years. That tells you whether they value the customer or just profit.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PimTac
Sometime the delivery system can be hit and miss. I had a order a few months ago that Amazon reported as lost. After I got the refund and reordered the product the first order showed up.

The quality and identity of some products is being brought into question. I used to get my blood glucose strips from Amazon but the last batch I received gave me errors and erratic readings. I've decided to buy them from a brick and mortar instead. Same with supplements.

The Rel ion Prime tester & strips are the cheapest I have found . Seem to work well enough . And convenent , there are WalMarts everywhere I go . They have insulin for basically $ 25 a vial , over the counter . No Rx needed .

I buy very little from Amazon , but have not had more or less problems with them , than other internet sellers . But have not purchased anything from them lately . Too cheap to pay for Prime .

Unfortunately, Amazon delivery has saturated the capacity of many entities...to include the USPS...most of my Amazon deliveries now come via 3rd party

Something I have noticed is that one can buy products directly from the source instead of using the A. I have been doing that and find the prices are very close or the same. The companies know they have to adapt or die.

I only get deliveries from Amazon directly now. Also, due to my location near their distribution center, a lot of the items that I order can be delivered on the same day I order it. They're not perfect, but they are still often a lot more convenient than heading to the store.

Same here, in the NYC area, I see at least 10 prime vans a day, and we get lots of same day options. It boggles my mind how they can same day a 13$ package of wildflower seeds.

Last edited:
I just read this morning that Fedex had dropped Amazon for ground deliveries as well. There might be a bottleneck for their ground deliveries for a while.

Originally Posted by dippschtick
https://abcnews.go.com/Business/fedex-drops-amazon-ground-deliveries/story?id=64826831

Seems Amazon is looking to build its own shipping fleet.

I'd have thought that article was a year old but it's dated just yesterday (??). This is old news. Amazon has been delivering packages in some areas for a year or longer and are expanding FAST. They have had a delivery hub, with their own vans, 25 miles away from me for over 9 months and opened another one that's even closer (less than 10 miles).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back