Where is the thread for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

There is a thread on here where a confirmed oil engineer/scientist backed up a claim that was made that increased oil change frequency may lead to an increase in carbon buildup for GDI engines. There has been a lot of back and forth and not here to further that debate. I just recall an engineer for either Mobil or Pennzoil (IIRC) stating that he too found the same in their testing.

Does anyone know what I'm going on about, and if so, can someone who remembers that thread post the link please? Thank you

I don't remember a specific thread but the hypothesis was that frequent changes increased the duration in which the engine was subjected to lighter factions of the motor oil. This was one reason why people would search out oils with the lowest NOACK.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
I don't remember a specific thread but the hypothesis was that frequent changes increased the duration in which the engine was subjected to lighter factions of the motor oil. This was one reason why people would search out oils with the lowest NOACK.

Thanks, and you're referring to this thread I believe: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...your-oil-too-often-will-harm-your-engine

I'm just trying to find the thread or post which had an official engineer chime in which substantiated that. I just can't find it for the life of me!

The proof from the engineers is that they tell you want the OCI for the engine should be in the manual for the car. ahhahahaah

I've only seen a presentation / study by a group of South Korean researchers, that said frequent change with group IV synthetic will help with deposits, not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back