New Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great trucks! I've had a 04, and 2012 as well as 3 Hardbody's. Only got rid of my 12 because of some collision damage.

My dad has a 15 with around 60,000 miles. No issues. He also has a Supercharged 01. Currently has 313,000 miles. Original engine and trans.

Nissan trucks are often overlooked but they are good trucks for the most part.

They were built in Smyrna Tennessee but production switched to Canton Mississippi for the 2013 model year.

Last edited:
Congrats, looks great!
thumbsup2.gif

Love that truck buster, good choice! Better deal for sure than any of the competitors. Curious as to your mpg, i know they aren't rated well but some real world calculations aren't bad!

Just noticed buster, you have same tires as my F-150, Hankook Dynapro's. Looks like yours might be the more off-road oriented Dynapro ATM, mine came with Dynapro ATS not quite as aggressive a tread pattern as the ATM. As I understand it, the Dynapro's are pretty decent truck tires.

Speaking of tires, Buster, did you check the tire pressures all the way around? Sign of a good dealer PDI if they actually match the door sticker pressure recommendations. I have yet to have that happen on a new vehicle purchase. They're usually aired way over and rock hard.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JTK
Speaking of tires, Buster, did you check the tire pressures all the way around? Sign of a good dealer PDI if they actually match the door sticker pressure recommendations. I have yet to have that happen on a new vehicle purchase. They're usually aired way over and rock hard.

Agreed, mine were over inflated by 8 psi. Door frame = 35psi all four. All four found to be @ 43 psi after delivery (51 psi max shown on sidewall info). I keep them at 37 currently. They're 113's on the load index.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Originally Posted by JTK

Agreed, mine were over inflated by 8 psi. Door frame = 35psi all four. All four found to be @ 43 psi after delivery (51 psi max shown on sidewall info). I keep them at 37 currently. They're 113's on the load index.

I have the opposite when I get a new truck the hot PSI is a little low then when I get in its 15-20% low.

I will check the PSI tomorrow morning. They said they checked it before I took it home.

Originally Posted by buster
I had them remove the "Pro 4X" decal on the rear.

Congrats on your new ride. Me, I would never had removed the decal. I like them. I loved the Z-71 decal on my old Chevy truck I used to have. Your truck so totally your choice though!

Nice - Nice color - that was always my standby color before my tolerance for heat (in the south) changed …

I had a similar bed on a GMC Canyon - and it did lots of hauling with the tailgate down. There are also some extension brackets you can plug into the trailer hitch to haul some longer boards depending on your specific laws … (like how many feet past the tailgate) … That and a nice set of straps can do DIY stuff ...

Congrats !

Those are really sharp wheels - hope the "Kooks" work out for you - I had to pull a set off our Ford (hydroplaned)

Buster, great choice. We just got back last night from a 1300 mile round trip in our Frontier. Plenty of power, and it is comfortable to us. When we have to "punch it", it will get up and go. It handles most of what we need in a P/U. Curious as to know how your brake pedal feel is. That's been my biggest complaint with our Frontier. It's just always felt a little weak to me. It's never been an issue though. Again, congrats.

Originally Posted by Sierra048
Buster, great choice. We just got back last night from a 1300 mile round trip in our Frontier. Plenty of power, and it is comfortable to us. When we have to "punch it", it will get up and go. It handles most of what we need in a P/U. Curious as to know how your brake pedal feel is. That's been my biggest complaint with our Frontier. It's just always felt a little weak to me. It's never been an issue though. Again, congrats.

Thank you. It went under the radar as I was set on other trucks. Once I drove it I was quite surprised. I like the brakes so far. I have to think about it though. Next time I am out I'll pay more attention.

This truck gets ripped for being a dinosaur, and in some areas I'm sure it is, but it has and does everything I would want. It has a backup camera, heated seats/rear locker and most important a smooth transmission paired to an engine with a good amount of torque.

My 2005 Dodge Ram with the 5.7L was also nice. I enjoyed that truck a lot.

I've never been a big Nissan fan, but I was impressed with the build quality of the Titan and Frontier. Both feel solid. Hopefully it lives up to its reliable reputation. I bought the extended warranty to cover what the limited warranty doesn't.

It will serve you well. I traded in my 2010 (crew 4x2) last Christmas. It had over 130,000 miles on it and ran perfect. No issues at all with it other than batteries, tires and brakes. Very easy to do PM work on. Congrats!

Thank you. It went under the radar as I was set on other trucks. Once I drove it I was quite surprised. I like the brakes so far. I have to think about it though. Next time I am out I'll pay more attention.

This truck gets ripped for being a dinosaur, and in some areas I'm sure it is, but it has and does everything I would want. It has a backup camera, heated seats/rear locker and most important a smooth transmission paired to an engine with a good amount of torque.

There's a lot to be said for a thoroughly proven platform with all the kinks worked out. And at the end of the day, every truck is a cab and box on chassis (except Ridgeline which isn't really a truck) with poor aerodynamics and non-car like handling inherent to that layout no matter what. Truck gonna be a truck, if it's a real truck, and Frontier is a real truck. It is going to give you many carefree miles and years. You would probably have to try pretty hard to break it, they seem to have a rep for solid design and build quality.

Please let me know. I'd be interested to know how yours feel. We actually owned a 2005 Nissan Xterra purchased new. Same exact drive train that our 2014 Frontier has, and probably yours as well. The brakes on the Xterra had the same feel that our Frontier has so that's why I'm curious. Is it the brakes, or is it just me?
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back