What would you think of this carfax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is a car I am looking at. It was delivered to a Porsche dealer on the west coast, apparently had 2 tires and is now for sale on the east coast with over 4k miles and never been registered.

Anyone care to speculate?

[Linked Image]

cfax.jpg

Looks like it was probably a management demo car for a while, or a service loaner vehicle. The tires being replaced at 200 miles can mean a number of things, but it probably doesn't reflect being replaced due to hard driving. My guess would be damage during shipping or someone clipped a curb.

I agree possible transit damage on the tires.

Accumulated ~ 5000 miles in ~ 1 year probably was in demo fleet in some capacity...

Delivery dealer - can you see the window sticker? is the bill to and ship to dealer the same?

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
I agree possible transit damage on the tires.

Accumulated ~ 5000 miles in ~ 1 year probably was in demo fleet in some capacity...

Delivery dealer - can you see the window sticker? is the bill to and ship to dealer the same?

I'd agree with the possibility of transit damage. If I was interested, I'd get a written statement from the dealer about any possible damage that was repaired (transit, hail, body work, suspension etc).

I wonder if it was a corporate-owned, auto show test drive car?

Regardless, if the condition is favorable, the history would not concern me. I assume the warranty clock has not started since the car was never registered?

That mounted, alignment thing would have me concerned. That shouldn't have had to be done with only 201 miles. Somebody jumped a curve or something? Tire damaged from transit is one thing, but to have to do a 4 wheel alignment??? It's more than transit damage.

Unless it is just a screaming deal... I would not want that car. Too many unknowns. Maybe damaged from joy riding, ever see Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

Porsche has a very specific break-in procedure. Who knows how that one has been driven.

Unless it is a very rare model, there are lots of used Porsche's out there that have been properly cared for with complete service history.

Need more information.

Was this vehicle titled in Georgia? I'm thinking it could be either a corporate car or possibly a demo at the track located at Porsche NA HQ (Atlanta).

By transit damage I'm including improperly tied down.

it is a 718 Cayman GTS, the tire dealer was a Holman group dealer and it is currently in inventory at a Penske dealer as "Used" with balance of factory warranty and at about 70% of MSRP.

Are we sure it has never been titled (without relying on carfax)

What would be the chances that someone in the military might transfer between these cities?

If you want the car, Id go let the car speak for itself, see what the dealer says about the history and if any of it can be verified independently.

It is a good looking car.

I found out more about the car from one of my sources
Apparently it was a porsche experience car. So it was beat on at the track for all those miles.
I guess this is one to stay away from. To bad

Last edited:
Was going to say this, I bet it has some funky options or combination, some of the BMW factory experience track cars are sought after because of the option combination. Stick no sunroof and certain interior colors for some reason.

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
Originally Posted by BeerCan
I found out more about the car from one of my sources
Apparently it was a porsche experience car. So it was beat on at the track for all those miles.
I guess this is one to stay away from. To bad

Ask em if they will certify it...
grin2.gif

So how did it get how did it get clear across the country or does PE travel?

Since you're out, this is the car:

https://www.porschewestbroward.com/details-2018-porsche-718_cayman-gts-used-wp0ab2a85js278414.html

[Linked Image]

Apparently they have a private dealer auction for these cars. The other gts came from Atlanta it seems to be an experience car as well

Last edited:
Beautiful car and appears to be a great deal at $28k off sticker with less than 5k on the clock.

Originally Posted by atikovi
If it's still under warranty and wasn't wrecked, what's the problem?

Pretty much this. Also, the warranty should start at the first registered in service mileage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back