Medaled at the USA Nationals at Stanford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My granddaughter received a silver and gold at the recent USA Nationals. The event was the 4X100 free style relay and the 4X100 medley relay.

Congrats. Your granddaughter sounds like she is pretty mobil.

Sorry couldn't resist.

tig1, what a fantastic accomplishment! Proud Grandpa!!!!

FWIW, while on temporary assignment in Colorado for two years, the neighbor who lived across the street from me was a 4-time Olympian ('84, '88, '92, '96 IIRC). Athlete's at that level are in different world in ways. But she was nice and we became friends. I used to go cycling with her.

Scott

Bailey swims for the Univ of Tenn and will be a junior this fall. She has been swimming since she was 6 months old, and has been swimming competitively since she was 6 years old.

That's great. Congratulations my son was a swimmer and I know how competitive these meets are. Quite the accomplishment

Originally Posted by SLO_Town
tig1, what a fantastic accomplishment! Proud Grandpa!!!!

FWIW, while on temporary assignment in Colorado for two years, the neighbor who lived across the street from me was a 4-time Olympian ('84, '88, '92, '96 IIRC). Athlete's at that level are in different world in ways. But she was nice and we became friends. I used to go cycling with her.

Scott

Was she an Olympic/world class caliber cyclist herself, or did she just use cycling to cross train for some other sport/event?

IF a cyclist, road or track (or BOTH)??

Nice. This is quite of a accomplishment the majority of people don't understand the commitment and level of talent required for this accomplishment. Congratulations your Granddaughter did what 99.99 percent of the population can not do.

Originally Posted by dave1251
Nice. This is quite of a accomplishment the majority of people don't understand the commitment and level of talent required for this accomplishment. Congratulations your Granddaughter did what 99.99 percent of the population can not do.

Thank you! She has worked harder than anyone I know for this type of accomplishment. Years and years and years of training has gone into this. She is also a standout academically as well with a 4.0 in here studies. She has a full ride scholar ship from the U of Tenn. Here is a news paper article on the Nationals.

https://www.theintelligencer.com/sp...ols-to-title-14282127.php?utm_campaign=C

Last edited:
Originally Posted by tig1

Thank you! She has worked harder than anyone I know for this type of accomplishment. Years and years and years of training has gone into this. She is also a standout academically as well with a 4.0 in here studies. She has a full ride scholar ship from the U of Tenn. Here is a news paper article on the Nationals.

Nice. I can't fault her for choosing Tennessee considering I was born University of Tennessee hospital. Keep on supporting her she has challenges ahead.

Originally Posted by tig1

Nice. I can't fault her for choosing Tennessee considering I was born University of Tennessee hospital. Keep on supporting her she has challenges ahead.

She had offers to swim at many colleges around the country, but chose Tenn because of the potential there to rank high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back