Are Douglas tires any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a set of the Douglas Performance on a TDI Beetle and got 50k out of them. Sold it with the tires still on there and not quite down to the wear bars. I bought them because they were the cheapest I could find. I was actually very pleasantly surprised because I loved them. Never had a single issue out of any of them, nice and quiet and wore evenly. No issues in snow either with the "performance" designation. Have a set of the regular Douglas all seasons on another car that doesn't get used much and have no complaints there either. Are they the best? Def not, but if they are a lot cheaper than other options, they are as good as any other entry level tire. Also made me feel better to be driving on tires made here in the US and not from China. I for one do not drive gently and never slid in the rain or snow with these tires. That is more than good enough for me to get another set.

No, they are not good tires. Listen to the poster that works at Walmart, he has seen more than one set unlike most of the other posters in this thread.
I understand price being the main criteria for choosing tires, so if you have a Discount in your area go to Discount Tire Direct and see if the Milestar MS932 is available in your size. I've run two sets of them and they are really good tires for the money. Pretty good winter traction on both AWD and FWD cars. Order online and have them shipped to your local store for free.

Been running a set of Douglas all season on my pickup for 2.5 years now, and they are doing just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back