VOA with TBN and TAN for Mobil 1 AFE 0W-20 SN

Status
Not open for further replies.
The OP's VOA shows the change from high calcium to low calcium/higher magnesium formula for M1 0w20....this was a precursor to the d2g2 (to combat LSPI). Did Exxon-Mobil know before the other blenders or were they just lucky...who knows? Now I have a better idea of when E-M made the formula change.

For just a few dollars more and some long term comfort, it looks like I will be running EP from here on out.

Originally Posted by pbm
The OP's VOA shows the change from high calcium to low calcium/higher magnesium formula for M1 0w20....this was a precursor to the d2g2 (to combat LSPI). Did Exxon-Mobil know before the other blenders or were they just lucky...who knows? Now I have a better idea of when E-M made the formula change.

Doubt it was luck. Mobil is usually ahead of the game.

Originally Posted by leeharvey418
Yeah, I'm with pbm. It was kind of funny reading people ragging on Mobil for ‘cheaping out' by cutting calcium concentration.

That's because BITOG is 98% nonsense-based opinion and maybe 2% fact-based opinion. This place is the "Enquirer" for car enthusiasts. Don't get me wrong...here I am reading and posting but let's all admit what BITOG is and ISN'T.

lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back