My truck has driven to the moon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by bradepb
Here the rust gets them way before that kind of mileage.

I'm lucky in that respect, it has no rust at all. It is not garaged much but is never left to sit under trees or driven in salt, on the beach, or anything like that.
Originally Posted by JTK
I didn't realize anything still had a mechanical ODO in 2002.

2003 was the last year for analog odometers in North American Rangers, it's kind of odd to see in something that new, I know.
Originally Posted by SLO_Town
You even know how to get into the driver's seat over time without wrecking it!

Originally Posted by Burt
Yeah that seat can't be original - can it?

The seat upholstery is original. It is starting to show a little wear on the bottom edge and on the bolster, but is hardly noticeable in person, much less in a picture. I am surprised that there are no holes yet. Maybe I don't drag myself across it as hard as most people? Who knows.
When this upholstery actually does wear through, I'm going to find myself a nice set of power leather buckets from a '95-'96 Explorer Limited or Eddie Bauer, and have them reupholstered to match my interior.

The only thing in the interior not original is the brake pedal pad, it had worn through to the metal so I replaced it.
EDIT: And I tossed the original floor mats, the driver's side had a hole worn under the pedals. The rubber mats are better for a truck, anyways.

Last edited:
Looks great, especially considering the mileage!

My 2002 3.0/5R44E isn't far behind it at around 232K, also on the original engine and trans. Mine is cosmetically pretty rough on the outside though from hard use and a few wrecks. As long as it keeps going, I'm going to keep driving it. It has never let me down and everything still works like it's supposed to.

I don't know what it is, but I'm hooked on this platform. I don't know if I will run my '02 Ranger to 500K+ with the condition the body is in, but it's definitely a possibility for my '94 Explorer that has over 250K on it, and maybe my '94 Ranger 4.0 4x4 reg cab, if I can stand to drive it that much. There's just nothing I really want to replace them with aside from more old Rangers and Explorers.

The first gen rangers are tuff as hail !!
I've bought a new 1983 model with the 2.8L and then bought a 1997 with the 2.9L I logged 245K on the 2.9L trouble free
Love both of em
Probably the best two Fords I've ever owned
Great truck !!!

My 1992 Toyota Celica has been driven to Pluto then it has 290,726 miles. My dads 1979 mack original engine has over 1 million on the odometer.

our 04 highlander is getting really close to moon miles. 225k. starter and powerwindow motor is all its had changed, gets 3 k oil and 30 k trans changes since new. ac recharged once. boring to drive but bulletproof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back