Meijer syn 5w-30 6.5k mi; 2017 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went about 6500 miles on next oil change. I used Meijer branded fully synthetic oil. The break-in period appears to be over.

Here was my first test:
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...017-ford-f-150-3-5l-ecoboost#Post5009102

The question I am trying to figure out now is if the IOLM is accurate. It had about 36% life left. From the first change, I thought it was way off, but now I am not so sure.

Any thoughts?

PS - the first analysis was with motorcraft oil.

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 72
Last edited by a moderator:
Is this really your 2nd oil change (3rd fill)? Personally I would not go by the OLM on these. The direct injection does contribute to fuel dilution. I would suggest every 5k miles and am using that on mine. If you haven't already, I would replace the air filter. Once you get it out and look at it you will see what I mean. Ford has not included much depth to the pleats on these and the result is about half the media surface as aftermarket brands such as wix. It gets quite dirty by 20k and can affect performance. I had both a 5.0 and now the 2.7 and they were the same, so likely your 3.5 has the same filter.
You can see the difference in my post here as well as how dirty the filter gets:

Air filter comparison

Last edited:
I got the truck with 9k miles from a dealer. They did an oil change before they gave it to me. This is my 2nd, but it could be on it's 4th fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back