New Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
buster, what are your reasons for getting a truck? I mean, not everyone needs a reason, but I was just wondering if you had one.

I certainly don't have a good reason for owning an SRT.

The only reason for me to get a truck like yours would be that I think they look cool.

A few reasons. I guess it's more of a "want" than "need"....

I've always liked trucks. I want to go back to Avalon in the late fall/winter and be able to drive on the beach and also drive in the Pine Barrens. I also have two kids and I need to haul things around for the house - landscaping etc. Full size are the best value for sure. I was really set on getting a Tacoma but I was so disappointed in it.

Good choice. Buy what meets your needs and you like best. If you take care of it (and I know you will) it should last you 20 years. Who knows what will have "good resale value" by then. Maybe it'll be the truck that's simple and drives the best.

I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the trucks on the market. I think they are all pretty good.

The window sticker on my 1995 4x4 2.4L 5 speed Nissan xe king cab was $19,000. I drove it for 19 basically trouble free years then sold it in 2014 for $6,000 with 185,000 miles on the clock. It was very good to me.

These Frontiers are good trucks. Can't believe they've been selling this same style since 2005 without a major redesign, one thing is for sure that any and all bugs ought to be sorted out by now!

I've driven a couple and I love that 4.0L VQ engine-- you can really feel the extra low end torque versus the 3.5L in Nissan SUV/cars so equipped.

Which transmission are they using in these most recent model years?

Congrats on a good solid truck with some nice extras with the P4X. That tie down system in the bed is pretty cool but be sitting down when you price the attachments that go with it. We were close to getting a Frontier but wanted more room and got the Titan S 4x4 in the same color.

Congrats and good luck with the new truck! I know a few peeps with the Frontier and the 05-15 Xterra (same power train) and none of them have had any problems. You can use 5W-30 dino all year long in New Jersey if you want too.

Good color too. We have a Gun Metal Nissan in the family and it really doesn't show the dirt except for road salt in winters.

Enjoy.

Thanks!

I just realized they are made in Canton, Mississippi.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Looks good. Love the color.

Great looking truck. A real truck -- not a pretender for the wife to drive.
wink.gif

I'm thinking of that exact same one, to include the color, for later in the year.
Perhaps a decked out 4WD, long-bed SV in the same color. It's still a truck as well.

Enjoy your beautiful Nissan truck. I'm sure it will be in service for many years.
My cowboy friends tell me, "Ya ain't sh!# if ya ain't got a truck."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back