Who Has The Oldest Daily Driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have an elderly car you rely on? I drive a '92 red block Volvo. I am 2nd maybe 3rd owner.
My DD probably won't be in the top 10 here.

Is yours;
Not a weekend show car.
Not a decades old garage queen.
How many known previous owners?
Still presentable?

Owning and driving something from another decade is a badge of distinction for lots of us. What's in your garage?

This is definitely going to be an interesting thread. I'm looking forward to reading it. I don't have any old cars but plan to keep the ones I have for a long time.

1994 Lincoln Town Car. Second owner. No plans to replace. Owned 11 years. Purchased from 1st owner with 82k miles for $2200. Now has 175k miles. Repainted once in my posession. Cold a/c. Great ride and drive. Keeps on truckin'.

1993 Ford Ranger, 5.0 liter (from a 97 Explorer), 237,000 miles

Caveat: I do not drive it *every* day.

(I do not drive them every day)

1992 Pontiac Bonneville 155,440 3.8 v6 automatic
1992 Toyota Celica 290,726 1.6 I4 standard

1997 GMC K1500 5.7 with 277,000 miles.

Headliner is falling apart. Also needs front end suspension rebuilt, every 100,000 mile a fuel pump, and brakes are spongy, but typical gmt400 issues. Transmission and engine are original. It is probably the best vehicle I will ever own.

Last edited:
Up until July 2017, I did a year and a half on my old BMW along with our old E350 as daily drivers.
Surprisingly trouble free, although the old Ford van is rather thirsty.
What's special about the date is that on July eighth of that year, we bought the '17 Forester and the '12 Accord came back into my use. I bought the Accord Hybrid about fifteen months later and passed that Accord onto a son.

My previous car was a 1993 Acura Integra. Redlined 20 + times a day for 18 years, and ran perfect for over 300 000 miles. Original engine and 5-speed manual transmission. Rust and interior wear and tear sent it away ...
frown.gif

Interesting topic.

I would point out that not daily commutes are equal. A 30 year old daily driver doing a 6 mile round trip is one thing. Doing a daily 100 mile round trip is another.

Not a car, but this is my daily driver, except when I am in vacation.

[Linked Image]

2004 Freightliner M2, Mercedes MBE 900 6.4 liter inline 6 cylinder engine, 6 speed manual transmission, currently 763k miles. I will keep driving it until it becomes not economical to fix any more.

I drive the 72-442 a couple times each week depending upon the weather. I'm the second owner, and when I bought it 15 years ago it was in pretty decent shape, just a bit tired and completely original. I had a full frame-off restoration done, and it still looks pretty much like brand new. It's mostly original except for a couple drivability updates-brakes, vintage air AC, a hidden am/fm/cd player, and some minor engine modifications.

The nice part is with our winter weather there are days in January that we can drive around with the top dropped so we enjoy it year round.

A 1995 Mercedes E320 cabriolet is my daily summer driver. I drive it to work. Purchased in 2002, I average 6K each year.

It must be getting old. One weekend I was running errands and a guy gave my car a thumbs up. That was a first.

I alternate days between my 87 F250 and my Jeep. When we go play out in the desert or sand dunes we load the F250 up and go. Drove the F250 to the grand canyon on our honeymoon.

Last edited:
Think harryj might take the cake here, assuming he daily's his Civic.

Some on here beat mine a bit, but I still drive my old '94 530i every day. It used to be my daughter's daily driver through undergraduate and graduate school away from home, it never stranded her even in -30F weather in northern Wisconsin.

1997 Honda Accord Wagon
I'm the 2nd owner
Driven Daily since Nov 2012.
Bought with 134k and currently has 226k
Drive it to work 40 miles each day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back