New Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went with the Nissan. $31k. Love the way it drives. Feels like it is built very well, on par with the Tacoma. Rear locker. Smooth engine/transmission. Plain vanilla. Gun Metallic gray. Heated seats. I had them remove the "Pro 4X" decal on the rear. It had 63 miles on it. I drove it home from Delaware varying the rpms and never exceeding 4k. Has a lot of torque and never hunts for gears.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nissan makes some good and pretty reliable trucks, though I prefer an s-10 or a LUV. I myself am a General Motors fan.

My second favorite was the Colorado (Z71) but it was priced much higher and I'm skeptical of their 8spd transmission. Otherwise it's a fantastic truck.

Gosh, that bed looks like it would hold four or five full bags of groceries, LOL!
Nice little truck.
Hope it serves you well.

Nice truck, buster ! Your Frontier looks sharp. I hope it serves you well. It is good that you test drove until you found precisely what you are looking for, at the right price.

I seriously considered a base model Frontier as my work truck, as in 4x2, 4cylinder, 5speed, king cab. It would have given me a few mpg's more + the super durability I need.

What oil will you use, M1 EP 5W30 ?
grin.gif

All it needs is a class III hitch and a 4-way flat pigtail. Get the harness type that connects between the plugs on the existing wiring harness.
Keep dialectic grease in the exposed end at all times.

Thanks. Hopefully it holds up well. The track record seems pretty good. It had what I was looking for so I went with it.

I work from home 2-3 days a week so this truck will see probably only 4-5k miles per year. I'll likely put a Fumoto on it and run M1/PP.

Very nice truck Buster!!
Should serve you well for many many years ðŸ‘

4.0 V-6 ?

Last edited:
It's the 4.0 V6. It has more torque than HP.

I went with the cloth heated seats. I couldn't decide if I wanted the leather. It was between this truck and black one with leather/sunroof/roof rack... but those are things were not worth it to me.

buster, what are your reasons for getting a truck? I mean, not everyone needs a reason, but I was just wondering if you had one.

I certainly don't have a good reason for owning an SRT.

The only reason for me to get a truck like yours would be that I think they look cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back