Valvoline Full Synthetic High mileage old stock date code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend stopped over and I changed oil in his 2010 Hyundai Sonata 4cylinder car. He brought this older full Syn high mileage and a Puro boss filter. Said AAP had like 5 of these jugs left.

Anyone able to decipher this date code?

Thank You in advance

15651316575874289925839318837916.jpg

Interestingly enough, every time I buy from AAP online I get a fresh stock - oil jugs come nicely packed into a plastic bag too

Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
September 2016?

I'm agreeing 09/16

But Stude'53
I ain't got a clue ...³ðŸ¤”🤣

But it's all still good
Base stock came from the dinosaur's 10 million years ago
So it want ruin on the shelf !!ðŸ‘

Last edited:
H0916H = August 9, 2016

1st letter is the month (A=Jan - M=Dec, IIRC, the letter "I" is skipped, or maybe it is Mobil that does not use it)

first 2 numbers are the date

Last 2 numbers are the year.

Last letter is plant.

Just shake it and use it.
It is an SN oil being used in an engine that specs SL/SM oil (and possibly SJ), so no problems at all.

Originally Posted by SlavaB
Interestingly enough, every time I buy from AAP online I get a fresh stock - oil jugs come nicely packed into a plastic bag too

I've never purchased stuff online. I'm glad they have some older stock myself. I nabbed a 5qt jug of WPP/WNE made 10w40 that rang up $4

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by SlavaB

I've never purchased stuff online. I'm glad they have some older stock myself. I nabbed a 5qt jug of WPP/WNE made 10w40 that rang up $4

I've never been able to get any oil on sale - tried AZ, AAP and Oreilly stores around me. Maybe I'm just out of luck

SlavaB: oh yeah I did nab some few gallons of carquest atf at $6/gallon that's dexron III too.

My AAP closest to me still has clearance filters and other stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back