From 49cc to 100cc what oil should I use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a air cooled 49cc GY6 Scooter with motor 1P39QMB 64mm valves. I added the 100cc big bore kit, advanced timing cam, unrestricted CDI box, upgraded the exhaust, performance air filter, 2600RPM CTV.
Stock at 49cc manufacturer suggests 15w40 but I feel like I should use 15w50 or 20w50 since I upgraded it from 49cc to 100cc and added all of the high performance parts.

Did you add an oil cooler? How tight are the clearances. I think a full syn 10W40 motorcycle oil would be a good choice unless you do not have an oil cooler. . If you ride more than 10 miles regularly then maybe use the 20W50. Most scooters used short trips are better with lighter oils..

Rod

The cheapest 10W40 motorcycle oil or 15W40 oil you can find at Walmart is all you need. You are not getting "performance" out of a 100CC engine. The compression, and justification, for a high quality $10 a quart synthetic is just not there.

15W-40 Rotella T4 or T5 should be great in that hard working little engine. It doesn't have a wet clutch so run whatever you like really.

This ... and you only need one quart !

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by ad244
15W-40 Rotella T4 or T5 should be great in that hard working little engine. It doesn't have a wet clutch so run whatever you like really.

This.

I too would stick with 15w40. I'm assuming it's fan cooled being in scooter format, so it's already ahead of the game a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back