Help me pick one AWD slightly pre owned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Fawteen
Originally Posted by buster
The Subaru will also hold its value.

Depends upon your location. Very rarely do you see any around here-the nearest dealership is about 4 hours away. The couple of people who I've known who actually had them took a bath at trade in/sale time. Virtually no one around here wants one, and the only time I see one is when some Minnesotan is passing through to Florida.
That's right, it depends on location. I believe the OP is up north where Subarus are very popular due to AWD.

Love my Crosstrek. Two years and 32K miles and just oil changes with zero oil burning. It ain't fast but neither is the direct competition: Honda HRV, Toyota CHR, Nissan Kick, etc. I have no issues with its performance. Test drive the Crosstrek, and you might just wonder what all the negativity is all about regarding its get up and go power.

We are not happy with our Volvo XC60. Electrical gremlins plaque it to this day. It's been in the service center a few times already, and the after sales support is in the toilet. Wife is looking for her next vehicle already. Never again Volvo.

"Also look at the Audi A4. Doing a quick search pulled up a bunch of 2015-2016 Quattros for under $20k. Unfortunately I have no experience with their engines or reliability. "

I do.

Don't buy audi.

I had an Impreza. Was going to buy the Crosstrek to tow with. Drove a CX-5. Bought a CX-5. A bit more $, a whole lot more vehicle.

Originally Posted by bobdoo
"Also look at the Audi A4. Doing a quick search pulled up a bunch of 2015-2016 Quattros for under $20k. Unfortunately I have no experience with their engines or reliability. "

I do.

Don't buy audi.

Do you care to share your experience?

Old Audi = nice car but headaches. Newer Audi = really nice car with better reliability than most. I'd have bought one, almost did in fact, but in the end couldn't pass up a brand new VW with a killer warranty for the same money.

Audi Quattro is simply amazing not getting that is my biggest regret although I still think I made the right choice.

Originally Posted by Oily_Thing
Get a Dodge Durango AWD. ZF 8-Speed, No DI.

Loved mine, just wish I would have went for the V6+8 speed instead of v8+5 speed.

Originally Posted by EvanD
Volvo line up cross country looks nice

Quit deliberating and do it!
Originally Posted by Voleak
We are not happy with our Volvo XC60. Electrical gremlins plaque it to this day. It's been in the service center a few times already, and the after sales support is in the toilet. Wife is looking for her next vehicle already. Never again Volvo.

Interesing.
All online reviews I've read on the XC60 are of how wonderful they are. Literally no one dislikes their XC60.

The XC90 on the other hand.....
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Originally Posted by EvanD
Volvo line up cross country looks nice

All online reviews I've read on the XC60 are of how wonderful they are. Literally no one dislikes their XC60.

The XC90 on the other hand.....
eek.gif

Lucky them. Guess we picked a lemon.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Voleak
Lucky them. Guess we picked a lemon.

I'm not so sure it's a lemon.
Negative reviews seem almost common amongst the rest of Volvo's lineup.

Golf Sportwagen is the bang for the buck option. Pretty great even without AWD but i do wish mine had it. I run snow tires in winter and have no snow problems at all with the FWD, but i wish i could put more power to the ground. The VW is so tuneable. I put a GTI turbo on and had it reflashed to 274hp 300ish torque and its insane for just FWD. i have to be in 2nd gear to floor it and not spin. These new platform VW are so modular and actually not too bad to work on. You can swap in nearly whatever you want. If you like to mess with stuff even a little bit, its the way to go.

Originally Posted by dareo
Golf Sportwagen is the bang for the buck option. Pretty great even without AWD but i do wish mine had it. I run snow tires in winter and have no snow problems at all with the FWD, but i wish i could put more power to the ground. The VW is so tuneable. I put a GTI turbo on and had it reflashed to 274hp 300ish torque and its insane for just FWD. i have to be in 2nd gear to floor it and not spin. These new platform VW are so modular and actually not too bad to work on. You can swap in nearly whatever you want. If you like to mess with stuff even a little bit, its the way to go.

FWD VW's were always good in snow. Put snow shoes on them, and very often AWD is not necessary. I drove through worst blizzards here in SUmmit county skiing with my VW CC FWD (snow tires of course) and never had one problem.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW

Two blown engines. Bought new, 3k mile Mobil 1 & new filter oil changes.

"Blown." Ok. What year? What engine? Blown how?

Was your Mobil 1 oil change using the specified oil?

"Blown." Ok. What year? What engine? Blown how?

Was your Mobil 1 oil change using the specified oil?

No-of course not! I added water and sand to it...

Quotes from bobdoo:

I do.

Don't buy Audi"

Two blown engines. Bought new, 3k mile Mobil 1 & new filter oil change
s.

No experience ? Something is amiss here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back