Who uses a Lisle coolant funnel/burping system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by mk378
Don't you have a mess when the purge is complete and there is extra coolant in the funnel?

Nope.

How do you not spill that?

Look it up on YouTube.

Originally Posted by Imp4

Look it up on YouTube.

Yeah I thought I would ask in a car forum in a thread about the use of the Lisle funnel, but you have a much better answer.

Last edited:
Don't you have a mess when the purge is complete and there is extra coolant in the funnel? How do you not spill that?

The vacuum filler Puts the cooling system under vacuum. Then you close off the vacuum pump and let the vacuum suck in coolant.

Really most cars do fine with the old fashioned topping up the radiator while the engine is running method.

Many of the cars I work (Euro stuff) on cannot be filled properly with a funnel, any funnel. they will begin to overheat in a few min and not show it on the gauge because the gauge is in air not liquid as it should be and as a side not the electric fans may not come on either.
Back in the day we used a hand vacuum pump on the bottle return to draw the coolant into the block or fill the block through a heater hose, A PITA really.

It's the best thing since sliced bread IMO

When I first started tinkering with cars, I was warned many newer cars (but predominantly Japanese cars) are very sensitive to air locks in the cooling system

So before I drained the first rad, I ordered one up

Very easy to use, if your working on a 3800 you can use it to diagnose intake gaskets

https://m.imgur.com/a/a63Zhbk

I also have there oil filler funnel that works on the same principle

Last edited:
Don't you have a mess when the purge is complete and there is extra coolant in the funnel? How do you not spill that?

The funnel includes a stopper, so you plug the funnel closed with the stopper, then do what you want with the leftover coolant, put it back in the jug, recycle it, etc
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Imp4

Look it up on YouTube.

Yeah I thought I would ask in a car forum in a thread about the use of the Lisle funnel, but you have a much better answer.

Thanks!
A (moving) picture is worth a thousand words...

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog

The funnel includes a stopper, so you plug the funnel closed with the stopper, then do what you want with the leftover coolant, put it back in the jug, recycle it, etc
smile.gif

I put it in the overflow reservoir.

Never had to burp a system since I started drilling a 1/16 inch "bleed hole" in my thermostats.

Bought 1 after my first home garage coolant service. Been a life saver. No more complaints about coolant on the garage floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back