Totaled (?): '15 BMW 328i

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Regal and LaCrosse seem to be at opposite ends of the comfort scale for me. I drove both last time I shopped. I ended up with a Lincoln MKS and I had been driving GM for years. The MKS (Taurus) and the MKZ (Fusion) have all the comfort and convenience you will want. Certified Lincolns come with 6 yr/ 100k bumper to bumper. A $39 oil change includes tire rotation, vacuuming the interior and a car wash. The 3.5l twin turbo puts out 355 h.p.
I looked but couldn't find anything that compared for the same money.
Good luck with your search.

Originally Posted by PhillyJoe
The Regal and LaCrosse seem to be at opposite ends of the comfort scale for me. I drove both last time I shopped. I ended up with a Lincoln MKS and I had been driving GM for years. The MKS (Taurus) and the MKZ (Fusion) have all the comfort and convenience you will want. Certified Lincolns come with 6 yr/ 100k bumper to bumper. A $39 oil change includes tire rotation, vacuuming the interior and a car wash. The 3.5l twin turbo puts out 355 h.p.

A local Subaru dealer has a '16 LaCrosse, ruby red/cream, 10 months/15K miles of factory warranty, 304 hp V-6 and just about all the whistles you could want. I'm on an extended test drive now, and will bring it to my regular mechanic this afternoon for a quick peace-of-mind inspection. If he finds nothing seriously wrong, I'mma buy it.

Originally Posted by PhillyJoe

I love the way the Lincoln MKS looks, when I can find one around here. There are no Lincoln dealers closer than about 30 miles, however, so that might be annoying if I needed parts or warranty work.

Oh, I test-drove a '16 Hyundai Genesis yesterday. A lovely swift car, very comfortable and very quiet. The A/C seemed underpowered. However, the car had been sitting out in the hot sun all day, whereas I put up sunshades and park in shade when I can. To compare the long time the Genesis took to cool down to the short period my BMW or Regal did is hardly fair.

Originally Posted by Benzadmiral
Oh, I test-drove a '16 Hyundai Genesis yesterday. A lovely swift car, very comfortable and very quiet. The A/C seemed underpowered. However, the car had been sitting out in the hot sun all day, whereas I put up sunshades and park in shade when I can. To compare the long time the Genesis took to cool down to the short period my BMW or Regal did is hardly fair.

I was wondering how the Genesis test drive went.

Seems like the A/C couldn't have been a reason enough to pass on it, so why did you pass on it?

Originally Posted by PimTac
I believe the most current thread tells the direction the OP is headed though it's hard to keep up.
Yeah, I now. I'm basically asking why he passed on the Genesis and is going for the LaCrosse.

Yes, I do seem to prefer a certain type of car. . . .

The Genesis seemed darned nice, but I wasn't overwhelmed by it. And they did want a bit more for it than the LaCrosse.

I just read this thread. Sorry this happened to you. I remember when you got the BMW, it was a beautiful car, very classy color combo, and I'm hoping you can get back into another.

Originally Posted by gofast182
I just read this thread. Sorry this happened to you. I remember when you got the BMW, it was a beautiful car, very classy color combo, and I'm hoping you can get back into another.

I'm beginning to think my fling with BMW has been just that, a spring/summer romance, and that the memories will have to serve to keep me warm on cold nights. ("You live in Noo Awlins," a small voice pipes up. "What cold nights?") If the brand and I should meet again one day, perhaps sparks will fly once more. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back