Which car wax out of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I just detailed my Toyota Venza yesterday and today. So far, did a thorough wash with Turtle Wax Max Power car wash using the xtreme cleaning which is supposed to remove old car wax brake dust etc. After that I Iron-Xd the whole car and this morning I completed a full claying. Right now I am about to apply a sealant (turtle wax ice shine lock sealant or meguiars paint protect) I have been severely overthinking which wax to use after the sealant...so please take a look at the picture below and tell me what you would use and why. I got this car about 2 months ago and its my first head to toe detail ive done on it. Also feel free to let me know what sealant you would go with. TW Shine lock or Megs paint protect and which wax after. Most votes or best logic wins lol. Thanks in advance
smile.gif
3DWmF

Try Finish Kare1000. Its made by the OTHER Meguiars brother and blows away ALL of the "off the shelf" Meguiars products now made by 3M including their Ultimate products, especially if the vehicle is stored outside exposed to the elements!. That's including ALL the items on your shelf picture!

Nu Finish is not a bad choice but the FK1000 last longer, no black trim issues and it smells better!

Last edited:
I have a couple bottles of Meg's Paint Protect I picked up for pennies on close-out. Tried it a few times, not impressed. Won't say it doesn't work but its not significantly easier than applying a quality sealant and offered zero shine/gloss enhancement. Now it just sits on a shelf. FWIW my sealant of choice is typically Groits One-Step; excellent looks and longevity.

That's easy, and a "no-brainer" - use the "Collinite No. 845 Insulator Wax" (2nd from the left). It's the best of them all.

Problem solved.

Ed

Originally Posted by Ed_Flecko
That's easy, and a "no-brainer" - use the "Collinite No. 845 Insulator Wax" (2nd from the left). It's the best of them all.

Problem solved.

Ed

Can you tell me how long this products holds up on a vehicle stored outside 24/7 a climate like Florida?

Originally Posted by 007

Problem solved.

Ed

Can you tell me how long this products holds up on a vehicle stored outside 24/7 a climate like Florida?

Better than almost everything else out there, short of, perhaps, Finish Kare FK1000P

It doesn't seem to make sense to apply a sealant like he describes, then top it with a cleaner wax or some other kind of last step product. The cleaner wax will remove the sealant or the already applied sealant will interfere with the LSP.

A simple spray wax will work the best. The sealant already gives you protection. The wax would just be a sacrificial topping of sorts. Stay away from cleaner waxes or any polishes. Those would affect the sealant coat.

Putting a wax on top of a sealant is optional. If you still want to apply wax try the spray wax as you dry method the next time you wash.

Originally Posted by PimTac
I would first get rid of anything that is over a few years old. You have a lot of the same thing there.

Agreed lol..I have a hard time not buying more..i like trying new products...

Originally Posted by 007

Problem solved.

Ed

I cant speak for Florida heat year around but in my experience Nu Finish lasted longer..granted nu finish is considered a polish whereas 845 is a wax.

Originally Posted by doitmyself
It doesn't seem to make sense to apply a sealant like he describes, then top it with a cleaner wax or some other kind of last step product. The cleaner wax will remove the sealant or the already applied sealant will interfere with the LSP.

I agree. Per the Turtle Wax shine lock sealant, it advises to top with a wax. I will likely do that. Debating between megs ultimate and collinite..im leaning towards the Collinite for durability and down the road I will use more of a carnauba for shine.

Originally Posted by Rolla07
Originally Posted by doitmyself

I agree. Per the Turtle Wax shine lock sealant, it advises to top with a wax. I will likely do that. Debating between megs ultimate and collinite..im leaning towards the Collinite for durability and down the road I will use more of a carnauba for shine.

You will be hard pressed to find many waxes with more carnauba content than the Collinite,

Tried Car Guys Liquid Wax (polymer sealant) that I got on sale through Amazon. Stuff is quite durable...reminds me of Nufinish without feeling like you need to wear a hazmat suit during application. Been topping sealant with Sonax Polymer Net Shield...time will tell.

First wash with foam cannon after application.

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back