Supertech air filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I got my first supertech air filter.
Attached are pics.
First impresion.
As good as any standard $10- $15 filter.this was 12.97 for a jeep. The one for my chevy will be $10.97.
30 k ? Dont know
Had to order it because my walmart does not stock them.
Made in usa.
Pleats arnt straight but foam ends are well attached and this should be fine. Will compare it to the mopar filter when my daughter brings her jeep over for oil and filter change.

20190805_165055.jpg

20190805_165120.jpg

20190805_165208.jpg

A lot of vehicle manufacturers usually advice to change filters at 30,000 miles. Most aftermarkets tend to promote 12,000-15,000 mile replacement. Of course, you should change it when its can't move air through it.

These have never shown up in area stores. Might be more willing to try one if I could see and inspect prior to purchase. Unlikely to order one online for store pick up. Date code lettering and color do indicate Champ Labs made.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
These have never shown up in area stores. Might be more willing to try one if I could see and inspect prior to purchase. Unlikely to order one online for store pick up. Date code lettering and color do indicate Champ Labs made.

The good news is that since they are sealed, there won't be people putting Ultras in the ST boxes
smile.gif

It also says on Walmart's site that they are made by Champ

Second supertech filter in very well-made the pleats are glued also so big keeps them in tact
The sealing surface is a rubber like substance instead of a foamy substance like on some filters but it should seal very well

20190808_163158.jpg

20190808_163223.jpg

20190808_163211.jpg

Last edited:
Very generic test with a leaf blower.

The supertech seamed to flow a little better than the fram ultra that is welek old visual light about the same.
Way better than the old wix filter with 30k on it.
I will buy supertech from now on

I mentioned this in the other thread but I like how it has a rubber gasket. The regular Fram no longer has it and you have to go up to the Fram Ultra to have it. So this will be my next filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back