Best Sap Remover

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you all having success with for removing Sap?

Our Mazda got about 20 big drips of Sap on it about a month ago and because we were busy I oit it off until today. Well, I screwed myself by not making time. I pre-treated the sap with undiluted car soap and then tried scrabing with my finger nails and using a highly concentrated car soao and a microfiber wash mit to remove them. I had some success but the Sap is still there.

Is there a product that will make this easier or just elbow grease and scubbing?

I have a clay bar on hand and can try that I suppose.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I made myself some chisels out of plastic to deal with this. It'll lift off some of this gunk, hopefully without harming the hard paint.

My father in law was asking me yesterday how to remove sap. His parking spot at work is under a tree and he always gets sap on his cars, it sucks.

I hate that sap...I had same problem from parking under a pine tree at a rental when I did some work in NY last year. I used goo gone, but it still discolored my clear coat a little, all it really did was melt the sap enough to make it plyable enough to scape it off with a soft edge tool and fingernails to remove it. This probably does not help you, other than to try a different solution other than goo gone, unless you don't mind clouded clear coat at every sap spot..then again, the cloudiness in the clear coat may have been from the sap itself. I don't think it will ever come off by itself either, sun, rain, snow heat, cold..nothing seems to degrade its bond..

Originally Posted by Kestas
I made myself some chisels out of plastic to deal with this. It'll lift off some of this gunk, hopefully without harming the hard paint.

I saw plastic razor blades pop up when I searched Bug and Tar remover on Amazon.

When I was a mechanic at a Honda dealer, the detail guys used penetrating oil. So if you have some WD40 on hand, try that.

70% Isopropyl Alcohol, but wipe it dry or it leaves a white haze.
91% I don't think will leave as much of a white haze, but it's harder to find.

Originally Posted by SavagePatch
Originally Posted by Reggaemon
Alcohol.

70% Isopropyl?

Yep. Wet a paper towel and let it sit on the sap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back