New Truck Owners - What Did You Pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like any new pickup truck, the higher the sticker price, the more $ has the potential to come off.

If you're getting any new 4 door, 4x4 full sized pickup for ~$30K +TTL, that's about as low as it goes. Even the most basic of these trucks MSRPs for $40K or higher.

Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by donnyj08
Price doesn't seem horrible, I think you might get them down another $1000 on it.

They won't throw I all those extras. That's too much. Maybe one of the extras but not all.

I think if I bought new I'd go with a Ram, but nothing wrong with any of the big 3 IMO. I think you get more truck for the $ with a Ram.

You can get more because Ram is doing huge rebates. The new Ram looks nice but because of the weight reduction the body flex really affects how the ride feels. My kids do not like the light feel at all. Both of the younger ones prefer riding in the 18 even with a little less leg room.

Interesting take, everybody in our house prefers the ride of the '19 over the '18 we had before it
21.gif

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Price doesn't seem horrible, I think you might get them down another $1000 on it.

They won't throw I all those extras. That's too much. Maybe one of the extras but not all.

I think if I bought new I'd go with a Ram, but nothing wrong with any of the big 3 IMO. I think you get more truck for the $ with a Ram.

You can get more because Ram is doing huge rebates. The new Ram looks nice but because of the weight reduction the body flex really affects how the ride feels. My kids do not like the light feel at all. Both of the younger ones prefer riding in the 18 even with a little less leg room.

Interesting take, everybody in our house prefers the ride of the '19 over the '18 we had before it
21.gif

I should have correctly stared prefers to ride in the 18 Silverado. From some reason there is a lot less road feedback. We found out on a road trip to Los Angeles. We took the Ram because of the mileage on the Silverado.

21.gif

I should have correctly stared prefers to ride in the 18 Silverado. From some reason there is a lot less road feedback. We found out on a road trip to Los Angeles. We took the Ram because of the mileage on the Silverado.

Ahhh, OK. New body style or old body style RAM?

My father just traded in a 2018 Focus for a 2019 F-150 last week. Crew Cab, 4x4, Auto, etc. Dealer gave him lifetime powertrain warranty and 3 years of free maintenance, on top of all Ford rebates. After trade-in, OTD price was $45,110.

It's a new body style SLT Big Horn.

Interesting, I find ours is deadly quiet (basically no road feedback). Ours is a Sport
21.gif
My buddy has an '18 Silverado at work and I find the RAM quieter
lol.gif

When I picked up my 2017. I drove the Ram, not interested in the 6.2. The guy I camp with has one and is on his second set of exhaust manifolds he just hit 90.000 miles. Not a dig on Ford as when you tow it will eventually happen just no room to get at them. I like the cam in block stuff. Lots of room to work. The 6.2 is strong and out tows the 6.4 and 6.0.

I did not like the 6 speed in the Ram and it was louder than my 2017 3500HD. The gear spacing is weird and even though it makes more HP/Torque, the 6.0 beats it in every towing test I have seen. The 6 speed kills it. I can't wait to see what the 8 speed does. So make that 6.4 a screamer.

The 6.4 I drove had more options and was bit cheaper but I don't like AFM it had. So I ended up with the Chevy.

As far as new truck pricing? Depends on where you are at, prices are all over the place. Not sure what you are towing, but if you don't need brand new you can save a ton on a lightly used 1 to 2 year old model.

I paid 37,500 for my 2017 3500HD 4x4 Crew Cab LT with 6 speed and 4.10 gears. It was 49,000 new.

Interesting, I find ours is deadly quiet (basically no road feedback). Ours is a Sport
21.gif
lol.gif

The feedback I'm using regarding the road is although the Ram has a coilover suspension in it I feel a lot more of the road after 8 hours I feel it. The biggest issue the Silverado has IMO is no rear AC. The only person in the family who likes the Ram more is my wife because the front passenger has more storage options including the dash.

[
The biggest issue the Silverado has IMO is no rear AC.

I would agree. While the A/C works well enough to cool the crew cab, rear vents would be awesome.
Mine has some on the floor. I have not checked but I think they only work when you have the HVAC in floor mode.

Been beating on G80's forever ~ 30k-50k oil changes. Early first change is my MO.
They hook up solid and get ‘er done …
I run Delvac 1 50k these days …

21.gif
lol.gif

The feedback I'm using regarding the road is although the Ram has a coilover suspension in it I feel a lot more of the road after 8 hours I feel it. The biggest issue the Silverado has IMO is no rear AC. The only person in the family who likes the Ram more is my wife because the front passenger has more storage options including the dash.

Different strokes I guess
21.gif
My wife just got back from NS, which was ~16 hours each way, non-stop driving in the RAM.

Originally Posted by ls1mike
[

I would agree. While the A/C works well enough to cool the crew cab, rear vents would be awesome.
Mine has some on the floor. I have not checked but I think they only work when you have the HVAC in floor mode.

You are spot on.

[

You are spot on.

Do they work if you have the climate set on auto? No rear AC has always bothered me, but my family has never complained.

Originally Posted by glock19
[

You are spot on.

Do they work if you have the climate set on auto? No rear AC has always bothered me, but my family has never complained.

I don't know. I will mess around with it when I get home today.

Last edited:

21.gif
lol.gif

Different strokes I guess
21.gif
My wife just got back from NS, which was ~16 hours each way, non-stop driving in the RAM.

I get compliments all the time on how quiet, comfortable and smooth my 2017 Ram 1500 QC express rides. I think a lot of it depends on the tires. I'm still riding on the stock goodyear passenger car 17's that are very spongy. If you're sporting 20" load rated tires, things are going to be more stiff and noisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back