Turtle Wax Ice (Paste) On the Old WJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son and I just threw some Turtle Wax Ice on his freshly washed WJ tonight. I just love this stuff. It actually made the cheap Mako paint job (from the previous owner) look better than it ever thought it could! We'll do it again in late October to get it ready for winter. Were going full MJGA on this thing! (Make the Jeep Great Again!), one step at a time. While the previous owner only drove it in decent weather and kept it garaged, (yep, a little old lady), I doubt it ever had a coat of wax on it.

Next up is to get the wheels refinished. They are in pretty rough shape.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Looks great. Turtle Wax Ice paste is one of my favorite waxes. Great shine. Easy to use. No white marks on plastic. It doesn't get the credit it deserves.

Looks great. I like using the Ice spray wax since it can be applied on plastics also.

Is this product you used the blue paste which is labeled as a polish on the can (Turtle Wax ICE Paste Polish)? I don't see that stuff anymore, so I think they either discontinued it or changed the product label at the very least. Either way, I am a big fan of the first version, the blue "polish" stuff. It was wonderful for the black trim on my Challengers, kept that stuff looking new and well protected from the elements and fading due to sun. I wish I had rationed my usage of it better though, I ran out a couple years ago and haven't seen any for sale since.

I had a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The wheels are finished in a clear coat of some kind and salt gets behind it and corrodes the metal. I found a place to refinish them In Middletown NY but the cost was the same as buying ones from Rock Auto which I assume were refinished also.

I sold the vehicle without ever doing anything about the wheels except new SS acorn lug nuts.

Looks good.

I love the stuff as well. Goes very easy, does not haze, can get on plastic, comes off easy even with a towel, and looks amazing.

I bought it when they had it on clearance at Walmart for $5 on a whim, wish I knew how good it was because I would have bought all of them if I had. It is still available on amazon, but is like $20 shipped.
I bought a 2 pack a while back for like $18 which should last me for a while.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Looks great. 4.0L or V8?

4.7 V8, but not the HO. It is really strong. I wish they'd kept it around and offered it in my 08 Wrangler. It would have been a great engine for that application.

Originally Posted by The_Nuke
Is this product you used the blue paste which is labeled as a polish on the can (Turtle Wax ICE Paste Polish)? I don't see that stuff anymore, so I think they either discontinued it or changed the product label at the very least. Either way, I am a big fan of the first version, the blue "polish" stuff. It was wonderful for the black trim on my Challengers, kept that stuff looking new and well protected from the elements and fading due to sun. I wish I had rationed my usage of it better though, I ran out a couple years ago and haven't seen any for sale since.

It is the can with the metal lid. I bought it on clearance for only 4 bucks or so and it has done many applications and still has lots left. I need to get more from Amazon or Walmart.com while I can. I'm guessing the paste in the plastic can is the same stuff? It is about 13 bucks on Amazon or Walmart.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back