Turtle Wax Seal & Shine Spray

Originally Posted by irv
I purchased some Turtle wax Jet Black the other day and decided to use it on my wife's 17 black Impala. The car had received a waxing of Collinite 845 a few months ago so I thought I'd see if I could make it pop again with this spray wax/detailer.

Overall, I was impressed. The car definitely popped and revitalized the look. It was fairly easy on/off as well.

Obviously not the same stuff as the Turle wax Seal and Shine but for the price, I was real happy with it.
cheers3.gif

https://www.turtlewax.com/our-products/jet-black/turtle-wax-jet-black-spray-wax/

Can't edit the post above. Meant to post this one not the detailer.

turtle-wax-jet-black-spray-wax.jpg

Originally Posted by ChrisD46
WM had the Turtle Wax Seal & Shine Spray on Roll Back ($6.43) , so I bought a bottle to try on my '17 Sonata :

That was an excellent price. It's normally double that.

I first used it over a month ago on 2 of the vehicles in my sig. Awesome stuff. I believe it's my new go-to "wax". I normally use the ol' orange bottle of NuFinish, but this Ice, seal n shine is so easy on/off it's ridiculous and the beading and slick feel hold up between washings for a few months at least.

Last edited:
Kind of unrelated but I recently tried TW's Scratch Remover from WM for $2.47 and was quite impressed. Per the tube it say it's a polish. Did a nice job removing some rust stains from the paint. There's a rusty bolt in the rear door handles that cause rust stains on the side of the rear doors. Hardly used any elbow grease to remove. Just applied, buffed off and gone!

896b7c70-0c13-4e23-8b65-2886065e9c07_1_d7f314073f0923d1583b4b06015f061e.jpg

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Kind of unrelated but I recently tried TW's Scratch Remover from WM for $2.47 and was quite impressed. Per the tube it say it's a polish. Did a nice job removing some rust stains from the paint. There's a rusty bolt in the rear door handles that cause rust stains on the side of the rear doors. Hardly used any elbow grease to remove. Just applied, buffed off and gone!

Yup, turtle wax for life bro ðŸ‘ðŸ»

I too switched to the seal and shine. The beading ability is actually better than Jescar Power Lock Sealant.

At my local walmart I bought this stiff for $6.98 when it first came out. I checked yesterday and now it's $9.98. I'm wondering if they've realized what they have and jacked up the price.

Originally Posted by JoelB
At my local walmart I bought this stiff for $6.98 when it first came out. I checked yesterday and now it's $9.98. I'm wondering if they've realized what they have and jacked up the price.

Supply and demand, so I think you are spot-on. This product is certainly getting popular in my area, with stores often sold out. I think they've got a home run. Of course, I still think the older formulations of Ice are an even bigger home run, since I can treat plastic, rubber, and decals with it, and apply it in hot direct sunlight.

Nice info in this thread. Thanks OP, will try this out next. I'm starting to really like these Turtle Wax products.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by SatinSilver

Photo(s) would be nice. Turtle Wax has really stepped up their game. ðŸ‘

This is what I settled on. Reviews are extremely positive and the price can't be beat. I may engine try this on engine bay plastics being it can be used for trim.

I like products that can cover more than one material:

"ICE Seal N Shine is safe to use on exterior plastic. It can also be safe to use on plastic in the engine (engine cover). Always stay away from any electrical parts under the hood."

So this TW SNS keeps getting rave reviews on pretty much every detail forum I go to. Is there a product you can layer on top of it for added protection or is it better left alone?

Originally Posted by buster
So this TW SNS keeps getting rave reviews on pretty much every detail forum I go to. Is there a product you can layer on top of it for added protection or is it better left alone?

Interesting, I'm thinking just the opposite. I'm considering using it over Jescar Power Lock.

Originally Posted by demarpaint

Interesting, I'm thinking just the opposite. I'm considering using it over Jescar Power Lock.

Actually you may be right that may be the better method. Have you read up on TW SNS? Amazing value.

Have half a bottle of TWSNS and half a bottle of Mothers CMX ceramic spray wax. mixed both in the CMX bottle and did both of my vehicles with Xcellent results, less residue from the CMX and nice smooth shine, gonna give another coat this weekend, before mixing I did one car with TW SNS and the other with the Mothers CMX, happy with the results, mixed the two and got the best of both.
cheers3.gif

Holding up well. Several rain events and a wash after riding on some gravel trails.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Holding up well. Several rain events and a wash after riding on some gravel trails.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

the water beading looks great

Back