Castrol Magnatec 5W30 vs. QSUD 5W30 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Both 5W30 synthetic oils now under $19 per 5 qrt. jug at WM ... Which do you prefer and why ?

Both have the specs I look for. So it would be the cheaper of the two.

Which one do you prefer, OP? Why?

Originally Posted by JustN89
The one in the green bottle.

Both bottles are green sir
smile.gif

Originally Posted by wemay
Both have the specs I look for. So it would be the cheaper of the two.

Which one do you prefer, OP? Why?

Good point Wemay, I like that both are SN+
wink.gif

Originally Posted by ChrisD46
*Both 5W30 synthetic oils now under $19 per 5 qrt. jug at WM ... Which do you prefer and why ?

Which one do you prefer?

I'm partial to QSUD due to great price and recent VOAs showing some good moly content.

That being said - I recently purchased a few jugs of Castrol Magnatec when they went on sale on Amazon Days this year for less than $15 a jug shipped.

So if price being equal - flip a coin. You can't go wrong with either .

Originally Posted by Bud_One
I'm partial to QSUD due to great price and recent VOAs showing some good moly content.

That being said - I recently purchased a few jugs of Castrol Magnatec when they went on sale on Amazon Days this year for less than $15 a jug shipped.

So if price being equal - flip a coin. You can't go wrong with either .

Indeed no argument there.

I'd probably grab Castrol magnatec. Used it a few time and the engine was noticably quieter. It did seem thicker when pouring it in compare the PP and M1 of the same weight.

I get PP and M1 for $12/jug now with rebate so I don't bother with the other anymore unless there is a clearance sale.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Magnatec-it seems to stick to everything! Plus, if it's good enough for the Ecoboost guys, it's good enough for me. QSUD is pretty good too.

I've seen a lot of Ecoboost guys posting about Magnatec and I'm sure it's a good oil
My experience with QSUD was with my 2012 3.5 Ecoboost
120K miles and zero issues ðŸ‘

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Magnatec has a Kv100 of 10.25 vs 11.5 for QSUD, for the thickie fans.
smile.gif

Currently, I'm running both of these in my Chevy trucks.
Both are great. Both are SN+ and Dexos 1 Gen 2 rated.
But in the winter, I run QSUD as I feel Magnatec thickens too much in below-zero weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back