Rotella T6 5-40, 2000 VW ALH, 14,964, 222,177

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran out to almost 15k on T6 and Mann filter. Looks like viscosity is getting up toward the upper end of the range. Blackstone says run it longer...thoughts?

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 89
If the TBN is accurate you can. I like the amount of ZDDP showing in the report.

Wow looks great! I could never go that long, but nice to see that the T6 and ALH work that well together. My iron was still higher after 5k, youve got a really nicely wearing engine. Any mods? Whats your mpg like?

I rented cars while I was in Europe with that engine
It is a really nice engine that pulls strong and gets great mileage
I may have to look at VW again

EGR has been deleted and the code ‘mostly' tuned out with VAGCom. MPG is 44.3 over the last 53k. Car runs lots of highway miles at 75-85mph, probably 20% stop and go. My overall runs in the summer with AC on are included in that 44.3 figure. Fall and spring average closer to 46, but those are short seasons in Texas. Winter MPG probably 42-43 due to higher fuel consumption during warm up (though I don't let it idle much). Car is stock except for EGR delete. I was surprised to see iron rates trending down (granted sample size is small). I may try 20k and see what it does. It's all in my head but if I dump it at 17k and resample I would just as soon run 15k and check it every other.

Originally Posted by Sgg93
EGR has been deleted and the code ‘mostly' tuned out with VAGCom. MPG is 44.3 over the last 53k. Car runs lots of highway miles at 75-85mph, probably 20% stop and go. My overall runs in the summer with AC on are included in that 44.3 figure. Fall and spring average closer to 46, but those are short seasons in Texas. Winter MPG probably 42-43 due to higher fuel consumption during warm up (though I don't let it idle much). Car is stock except for EGR delete. I was surprised to see iron rates trending down (granted sample size is small). I may try 20k and see what it does. It's all in my head but if I dump it at 17k and resample I would just as soon run 15k and check it every other.

Thanks for the info, mine has the egr turned down, race nozzles 2.5" exhaust and BBS RC wheels, and Im in the low 40s high 30s so it seems to be on par with your stocker considering the mods. Im going to Maine with it in a few weeks and will be a few hundred miles over on T5, I guess I can sleep soundly knowing I should be ok haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back