Amazon extended my free trial another 30 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by Wolf359
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
I had loss prevention following me around the last time I was in Wal-Mart.

From now on I'll shop online at Amazon and Publix for fresh produce and meat.

Well yeah, that's because you basically stole something by consuming it before you paid for it. You can't do that when shopping at Amazon.

...‚...‚...‚... that reminds me of a woman (I think it was Florida) that are half the cake while shopping in WM and when they rang it up she argued it should be half off..no joke, Google it!...‚...‚...‚ I think she ended up having to pay full price after the cops were called and getting trespassed from that store.

Reminds me of the old joke where the guy only has one eye so wanted to pay half price at the movies. But the movies said he should pay double because it will take him twice as long to see it.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
I had loss prevention following me around the last time I was in Wal-Mart.

From now on I'll shop online at Amazon and Publix for fresh produce and meat.

Well yeah, that's because you basically stole something by consuming it before you paid for it. You can't do that when shopping at Amazon.

...‚...‚...‚... that reminds me of a woman (I think it was Florida) that are half the cake while shopping in WM and when they rang it up she argued it should be half off..no joke, Google it!...‚...‚...‚ I think she ended up having to pay full price after the cops were called and getting trespassed from that store.

Reminds me of the old joke where the guy only has one eye so wanted to pay half price at the movies. But the movies said he should pay double because it will take him twice as long to see it.

Now that's funny!...‚

Originally Posted by atikovi
Was about to cancel the free trial when a popup said I could go another 30 days for free. So I did. I couldn't have justified paying monthly just for 1 or 2 day shipping for the 3 or 4 purchases I made, but it's nice to get it. Don't paid Prime members feel screwed if Amazon does that?

No, because it comes to end in 2 months. We do the same thing but many people continue their subscriptions. Like anything in life, it a company promotion and that happens on anything you buyin life, every product goes "on sale" sooner or later.

Last edited:
FWIW, I inadvertently paid for an extra month because I missed the "cancel" date on my last free trial. Since I'd paid for it, I decided to just make use of it-that got me through Prime day and I got some good deals on things I needed to buy anyway without the headache of having to go to a store and buy them.

I was set to be auto-billed for renewal today(the 3rd) so went in yesterday to cancel it after I placed one last order for a few odds and ends-in this case household stuff that I didn't need RIGHT away but was a lot cheaper than Wal-Mart or Kroger. In any case, when I cancelled, they seemingly retroactively extended my free trial through July, as I was refunded the entire amount that I paid for a 1-month membership on July 3rd. I certainly won't complain!

Its rare I order from amazon, then again, personally I hate the company :eek:) ... normally I can find better prices even on Walmart and if you dont watch out, some Amazon resellers are grossly higher priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back