Propane price in your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I contracted 750 gallons of propane for the winter @$1.39 per gallon....... what is lp priced at in your area?

Not sure if anyone cares what the price in western Canada is, but converted to US dollars and US gallons it is $2.07 per gallon, all in, including the delivery charge. We're 20 miles from the nearest bulk tank. It might get worse because Canada just started exporting one million bbls per month of propane to Japan and South Korea.

Last edited:
Here in Jupiter, FL, it's difficult to get delivered propane for less than $4 per gallon. The contract price may be just over $3, but then add all the fees and charges and taxes, and the price jumps.

The utility I was using became increasing difficult to deal with. A long and annoying story which ended up costing me, at times, $7 per gallon delivered, or about $175 per month. Just for hot water, for wife and I.

I installed an electric "hybrid" water heater and had the utility remove the tank.

Wow 1.39. You must be near a source or got a first fill deal. Thems are like N. Dakota prices.

Past march last fill was 3.20/gal. We use propane for our gas Range only.

This is in Southern NH near Nottingham.

Northern Kansas. I had my 1000 gallon tank filled about a month ago for $.90/gallon. I contracted my winter propane for $1.14/gallon. I own my own tank, so I can shop around, if needed. I also have a fill tube on my tank if my family needs their grill tanks filled.

Last edited:
Mom and dad paid around $1.30 while we paid $1.80 last spring.

We're renting a tank and will hopefully have our own in a few months.

$3.05-$3.59 in winter depending on which company you use. This month is $2.00 if I have my tank filled. Would be silly not to at that price. They will be out on the 12th and put 150g in my tank.

The company i went with is out of Barstow,Ca. About 40 miles away 1 way.

Last edited:
We paid $3.79 last delivery after complaining about 4.50 per gal. I said I would install my own 500 gal tank if they didn`t match other company's in the area. They were unimpressed. Next delivery will determine what we do. Noticed TS is $2.89 for fillups.

Originally Posted by P10crew
Today I contracted 750 gallons of propane for the winter @$1.39 per gallon....... what is lp priced at in your area?

That's a ridiculously LOW price. I'm scheduled to have a 320 gallon underground tank installed this month. LP prices here in eastern NC are no bargain.

It's a byproduct of oil refining. Oil refineries have more than they can sell because it's difficult to transport. Most of the cost to the consumer is transportation related.

Originally Posted by mk378
It's a byproduct of oil refining. Oil refineries have more than they can sell because it's difficult to transport. Most of the cost to the consumer is transportation related.

Well as liquified gasses go it is pretty easy, much easier than methane for example. At least the critical point is well above room temperature allowing it to be kept as a liquid without refrigeration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back