Rotella GT vs Mobil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to do an oil change on 3.6 Pentastar Wrangler in a couple days. Local store has M1 on sale for $30 (Canada) or Rotella Gas Truck on sale for $40. Either would be 5W20 and typical OCI is about 7 - 7.5k miles. Is it worth the $10? I can't seem to find the data sheet on the RGT either for some reason.

Thanks

I have bought both for use in a 2018 Subaru Outback 2.5L and I think RGT is perfect for the manufacturer recommended 6000 mile OCI.

Mobil 1 is equally as good but I would trust it more on a longer OCI just based on the track record it has in many different UOAs I have seen. For my application I still would not want to push it past 7500 miles even though I am sure it still might be good up to 10,000 miles. I'm not a fan of guesswork OCIs.

Originally Posted by nascarnation
Rotella GT is much more manly.
Mobil just has that mini Kevin Harvick and Clint Bowyer on the shelf.

Good point...it starts with running M1 in your Jeep then next thing ya know you're taking yoga or spinning class!...‚

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

Good point...it starts with running M1 in your Jeep then next thing ya know you're taking yoga or spinning class!...‚

You can buy the Mobil 1 Truck and SUV, that should increase the manliness of Mobil 1.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

It's actually my wife's Jeep
lol.gif

But, she's not really the girly type, she actually uses it as it was intended to get to trail heads and what not.

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells

It's actually my wife's Jeep
lol.gif

But, she's not really the girly type, she actually uses it as it was intended to get to trail heads and what not.

Sounds like a keeper!ðŸ‘

Originally Posted by njohnson

You can buy the Mobil 1 Truck and SUV, that should increase the manliness of Mobil 1.

...‚...‚...‚

Last edited:
Originally Posted by kstanf150
RGT
$11.57 after rebate tax and all 5 quart jug

That's my choice !!ðŸ‘

What he said! Shell GT has a sweet 10 dollar rebate going on right now.

Originally Posted by Dragon44
Originally Posted by kstanf150
RGT
$11.57 after rebate tax and all 5 quart jug

That's my choice !!ðŸ‘

What he said! Shell GT has a sweet 10 dollar rebate going on right now.

Rebate goes till December 31st
Time to stock up !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back