Would you pay a $5 fee for full service?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a gas station offered full service,(pump fuel, take payment, clean windows and check oil/tires) for a flat 5 buck fee, would you pay it? (NO TIPS)

They would in the winter time. I live down the street from one and my Sis said she would hit it specifically because it was full serve.

A smaller premium in an affluent area would do the trick. The full serve near me is in an area where the houses are around a million now for sure.

As a rule "we" here on BITOG woundn't. But people that don't know/care where the hood latch is might......or....... "When the little engine light is glowing, does that mean something?" Those guys.

I wouldn't, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people wouldn't pay a part time high school kid trying to earn a buck to fuel up their car, wash their window, and go into the store for them so they never had to leave their car.

I doubt many if any BITOG'ers would, however I would encourage my sisters, mother or any other non-mechanically inclined family & friends to take advantage of this service. If nothing else just to check the oil and to open the hood and flush any animals taking up residence.

Originally Posted by Egg_Head
I doubt many if any BITOG'ers would, however I would encourage my sisters, mother or any other non-mechanically inclined family & friends to take advantage of this service. If nothing else just to check the oil and to open the hood and flush any animals taking up residence.

^^ This ^^ … if I'm not around … guaranteed my wife would do this … fine by me.
In fact, the last few full service stations that faded from here mostly had middle aged to elderly women as customers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back