Tuff Support review - compressed gas supports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow BITOGers,

Recently I was in the market for a new set of rear trunk struts for the Lexus in my sig below.
I came across a retailer on ebay (yeah, I know) who was selling new trunk supports for a very reasonable cost.

I ordered a pair and received them in the mail about a week later (mid March)
After installing them I was VERY impressed. They worked great and made opening the trunk a breeze.

Fast forward a few months and when my GF went to close the trunk, it seemed like she slammed it.
I cringed as I hate when she does that, but didn't realize why until I went to open it.
I noticed the trunk lid was noticeable heavier than usual (progressively getting worse) and when closing it would fall dangerously fast unless it was in the full extended position.

I contacted the vendor and the company and politely asked them if there was any problems with the struts, maybe a bad batch?
The vendor mentioned that in order to get a replacement set, I'd have to send the tracking number of the old ones.
I refused and mentioned that I use my car. And to leave it in a partially disassembled state for any amount of time (due to low quality parts) is just silly.
The company did not mention any issues with their product and then forwarded me to one of their vendors who also asked that I pay AGAIN for another set to be sent to me.
Only once they got my defective set would they issue me a refund on only the parts (me paying the shipping for both sets to and from Canada).

Considering the replacement parts will probably perform as poor as the current set, I really don't see any point.
I'd rather take my business elsewhere.

TL;DR
Garbage company with garbage service, selling garbage parts.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back