Good ol' Rock Auto....

Status
Not open for further replies.
so few days back I ordered 6 qts of Mercon LV for my C-max. Rock auto had it for $4.xx/qt literally half what i've seen it listed for in most parts stores.

get home today... I have 2 boxes from them..that's odd, but OK...
open the first, it's my 6 qts of Mercon LV...
open the second, 6 more qt bottles...pull one out, it's 6 qts of Motorcraft Full Syn 5w30...
check the packing slips, they are Identical. same order number, both say 6qts Mercon LV.
double check the bank, only charged for the one shipment...

waiting to hear back from their customer service....

Originally Posted by earlyre
They won't contact you. Why would they bother ? It's not worthwhile for $15 or worth of oil....

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
They won't contact you. Why would they bother ? It's not worthwhile for $15 or worth of oil....

double that. it's the Full Syn, which they list @ $4.90/ea. so $29.40($4.90 x 6), plus tax/shipping/etc...

Originally Posted by atikovi
Are you are frequent customer? If so I'm guessing they will tell you to just keep it.

once or twice a year maybe..but i think this was the first time with this particular email address... so I'll seem like a "new customer"

Last edited:
Consider it a gift. IIRC legally it is, assuming they didn't bill you for it.

DANG! sent me a prepaid return label....

no free oil for me! Guess that's what i get for being honest!

Originally Posted by AntsinmyEyes
I cant even buy from rockauto anymore. Something to do with tax laws

Where can you buy stuff without paying taxes these days?

double that. it's the Full Syn, which they list @ $4.90/ea. so $29.40($4.90 x 6), plus tax/shipping/etc...
They sell it to you and I for $30 but they ain't paying that much. I still say $15, maybe $20 at the most.

DANG! sent me a prepaid return label.... no free oil for me! Guess that's what i get for being honest!
Did you contact them ?

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
They sell it to you and I for $30 but they ain't paying that much. I still say $15, maybe $20 at the most.

DANG! sent me a prepaid return label.... no free oil for me! Guess that's what i get for being honest!
Did you contact them ?

Umm...yeah...
They wouldn't send me a return label for no reason...

Originally Posted by PimTac
It's better to be honest than to be a gamer.

I know....but still... A guy can hope, right?

As mentioned by Pimtac you did the right thing and won't have to wonder about an extra charge on the cc.
thumbsup2.gif

So when you go to rockauto.com and try to place an order, you are prevented from doing so because of the state you live in?

Just ordered some stuff to ship to Colorado. No issues. Guessing the address you are trying to ship to isn't in their database for computing sales tax. (Not real easy when then tax rate is all over the place by address in CO).

I thought you were waiting on them to realize their mistake and reach out to you. That's what I was meaning when I said they won't.

This is what i see when i try and order. Been like this for 3 months. I just use their catalpg and order off the bay guilt free now.

[Linked Image]

Can't blame RockAuto in these kind of situations. It's one thing to have combined sales taxes for the state, county, and even city and in Ohio, you send the money to the state with the breakdown and then they disburse funds to the respective counties. From the wording from RA, it sounds like they are required to file and pay city by city.

That's sad, being 'banned' from RA. : (
And that free load of oil is decent too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back