Teeing off across the Mighty Columbia

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you ever felt like hitting a golf ball across the Mighty Columbia River, this is the place to do it. It's hole 6 at the Fairmont River Side golf course in Fairmont, BC, Canada. The Columbia is still small enough to make it across. Don't try this at Portland!
laugh.gif

A86D185A-E75B-4A29-9D6C-F117B0563616.jpeg

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
IDon't try this at Portland!
laugh.gif

The "narrow" bridge across is over a kilometer long.

Can't wait to visit BC, looks beautiful.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Are you referring to the Bridge of The Gods?

The I-5 bridge.

Thats pretty neat, what yardage do you have to carry? One of my favorite holes on the local course is a 220 yrd par 4 where you have to hit across the same creek twice. You can get on in one but you have to carry 205 yrds but still stop the ball before it rolls into the creek at 240... Usually we suspend score keeping for that hole, and hit balls until one of us sticks one on the green.

Originally Posted by Dyusik

The I-5 bridge.

The I 5 bridge and Bridge of The Gods are different..the BotG is in the Gorge at Cascade Locks, the I-5 cuts right through PDX.

I think the OP is talking about a golf course up in BC on Columbia Lake and not the actual "Columbia River"?? ... amirite OP?

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by Dyusik

The I-5 bridge.

The I 5 bridge and Bridge of The Gods are different..the BotG is in the Gorge at Cascade Locks, the I-5 cuts right through PDX.

I think the OP is talking about a golf course up in BC on Columbia Lake and not the actual "Columbia River"?? ... amirite OP?

It's the beginning of the Columbia River and is about 50 miles downstream of Columbia lake, the official headwater of the Columbia River. The Columbia River winds it's way through the golf course with several "hairpin" turns. There are two opportunities to Tee off across the River.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back