A01s From Korea branded FourGreen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever heard of these filters?
They have the same exact part number of the Honda A01s but they are made in Korea. I know MANN-HUMMEL has Oil filters for KIA made in Korea but I wasn't aware of this...
Anyone seen this yet or better yet see one cut open to see if its TRUE A01?

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
Anyone can print any part number they wish on a box and filter... doesn't make it an A01.
Bingo! Truer words not spoken.

Having been down this path before with a similar, looks like and/or 'for Honda' oil filter posted here, this appears to fit in same category. Doesn't have the Honda logo nor say made by Filtech assembled in US on the can of authentic A01. So want an A01 search and find a genuine one, as posts here have shown they're still out there, available.

Lastly, I personally don't find Sam-Ah Auto Parts Co. analogous to Mann&Hummel.

How much are they?...and where can they be purchased?
I will say that any Korean made filter that I've cut open looked very good....something that I can't always say for (wavy) American made filters.

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
Anyone can print any part number they wish on a box and filter... doesn't make it an A01.

That was my first thought. Just because they copy Honda's part # doesn't mean squat. Sure, it presumably fits the same applications but doesn't mean much else. Oh look, they even copied the color of Honda's filters too. How shady....

Although its interesting to see Im unsure why anyone cares if it's identical to an A-01 when you get a better filter for a few dollars more, or equal performing one for about the same.

UD

I wonder if these are from North Korea? As the thread link above proves, there is a lot of junk being sold on the A. Buyer beware.

I bought what i thought were OEM Hyundai/KIA filters from Amazon once and got these in the mail. The build quality was excellent and they were heavy. BUT, not knowing anything about them, i didn't trust the brand and sold them at a yard sale for $1 each. There were 6.

Yea I remember then RUSTIC Honda oil filter... I posted pictures of his filters cut open on his page and I sent a message to AMAZON and I dont see the page there anymore on Amazon.

That was the worst filter I think I ever saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back