Michelins without date code

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen this a couple of times now: Michelins with incomplete DOT date codes.

I saw some tires on a wrecked Saab a few days ago. I assume they were from the same lot. One tire had a full date code, indicating the tire was from 2017. The other tires were identical, but had incomplete codes where the date should have been.

Anyone else see this?

Look on the other side of the tire. I've noticed Michelin, Bridgestone and maybe Conti does this on some models, especially on low-profile tires with asymmetrical/directional tread with an defined inside/outside sidewall.

They only print it on one side of the tire. If it's not there, you look to the inside tire. It's been a requirement for years so I would expect that you would find it unless the tires are several decades old.

It's always printed on the opposite side of where the name is, to make it more difficult to read.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by nthach
Look on the other side of the tire. I've noticed Michelin, Bridgestone and maybe Conti does this on some models, especially on low-profile tires with asymmetrical/directional tread with an defined inside/outside sidewall.

That makes sense.

Yep, just one one side. The Defender LTX M/S I put on my wife's 4Runner are white letters. I had the white letters put on the inside. The DOT info is on the white letter side, it's just blank on the blackwall side.

Similar with Sumitomo Encounter HT tires I got, tires have raised brand name lettering on one side and smooth on the other side, DOT is stamped on the side with raised letters only, I had 'raised side' mounted on outside so I can see the date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back