Amazon extended my free trial another 30 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was about to cancel the free trial when a popup said I could go another 30 days for free. So I did. I couldn't have justified paying monthly just for 1 or 2 day shipping for the 3 or 4 purchases I made, but it's nice to get it. Don't paid Prime members feel screwed if Amazon does that?

I feel shafted by Amazon when it's thieving pricing algorithm jacks up the prices they want to charge me.
For example, I recently bought 4 Wix filters from Amazon Canada, $10.13 Canadian each. Sold and shipped by Amazon.
Now Amazon wants $14.99.
50% price increase.

It's the same Amazon pricing nonsense with other merchandise.

I rarely buy from Amazon.

Originally Posted by marty123
I feel shafted by Amazon when it's thieving pricing algorithm jacks up the prices they want to charge me.
For example, I recently bought 4 Wix filters from Amazon Canada, $10.13 Canadian each. Sold and shipped by Amazon.
Now Amazon wants $14.99.
50% price increase.

It does that to everyone. Use camelcamelcamel.com to track prices and pricing trends. Set up an alert so that you get an email when it hits the price point you want.

As for the extended trial, that might be new too. Same thing happened to me last month, was about to cancel and they gave me another 30 days. Finally canceled and all they offered me was another week for $1.99 which I declined and just canceled. Normally you can get a free trial once a year. If you have multiple accounts, you can get multiple trials....

Thats funny I just opened my bank statement and see they charged me for Prime. But they keep sending me e-mails saying "You no longer have Prime benefits due billing issues" What/What !

Yep. Everyday occurence. This is exactly how I've never paid a dime for Prime my entire life. I just have to make a new account every two months. Same name, same address, same credit card. Different email.

Too bad I probably single-handedly ruined the system. I can still do this, however now they've become smarter. I can still make a new email, use the same name, use the same address. But now you can only get a single prime trial (one or two month) per credit card number. Good thing I get free VISA prepaid e-gift cards as rewards frequently
grin2.gif

Now Amazon wants $14.99.
50% price increase..

This is exactly why I avoid Amazon like the plague. I've found that if I look at an item a few times (over a few days) when I get ready to pull the trigger, BAM next time the price has increased 10%+. It's happened enough times that it's not an aberration. Now I use Ebay / rakuten.com / [cringe] Walmart and a few others. I rarely have to use Amazon and when I do, it's because I can't find the product elsewhere or there's a substantial sum of money to be saved. The latter is rare however.

That's good, I'd cancel it in 29 days unless they offer it free again. IIRC you can automatically set up a cancellation date on their site if you don't feel like marking the calendar.

Amazon is not always the cheapest place to shop.

I buy stuff on Amazon without Prime membership and select the 7 day free shipping. That's much better than wasting my time at Wal-Mart retail store.

Do I really need Kiwi shoe polish and dog treats within 12 hours of ordering it online ???

Originally Posted by 92saturnsl2
Now Amazon wants $14.99.
50% price increase..

This is exactly why I avoid Amazon like the plague. I've found that if I look at an item a few times (over a few days) when I get ready to pull the trigger, BAM next time the price has increased 10%+. It's happened enough times that it's not an aberration.

Clearing cookies or switching browsers usually avoids that. Same thing happens when booking airline flights.

Now Amazon wants $14.99.
50% price increase.

Sold by Amazon specifically both times, not by a different vendor the second time?

I know Amazon is supposedly the devil, just like Google and Microsoft, but I've been buying items from them constantly for almost 20 years and I've never had the issues most of you guys complain about. But then again I almost never guy anything that isn't being sold by Amazon proper and not another company through them. It's not like they are hiding that information or it's hard to check. It's right there on the product page.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Amazon is not always the cheapest place to shop.

I buy stuff on Amazon without Prime membership and select the 7 day free shipping. That's much better than wasting my time at Wal-Mart retail store.

Do I really need Kiwi shoe polish and dog treats within 12 hours of ordering it online ???

Like any other shopping, one has to know what one is dealing with to get a good price. I bought a watch from Macy's last year that was cheaper than Amazon's best price.

I never signed up for Prime either. Most of my purchases with free shipping get to me in 3-5 days vs. the 5-7 days in the free shipping window. I picked up a package yesterday which I ordered on Sunday. I don't see a need to pay extra for Prime.

Originally Posted by Bottom_Feeder
Now Amazon wants $14.99.
50% price increase.

Sold by Amazon specifically both times, not by a different vendor the second time?

Yes.
Sold by Amazon specifically both times, not by a different vendor the second time.
I just checked.

If a company is going to charge me $140 per year or whatever to deliver ANYTHING directly to my door in one day, I will gladly pay it the rest of my life.

Think about that for a second. I have no desire to drudge around shopping centers. Also heavy, bulky items dropped directly to my door.

I work two jobs, and do consulting. Wife works a full time professional job, and has to go to license supervision weekly. Ordering all this junk on the internet saves us a ton of time, and money. There is little impulse shopping, we get what we need.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Was about to cancel the free trial when a popup said I could go another 30 days for free. So I did. I couldn't have justified paying monthly just for 1 or 2 day shipping for the 3 or 4 purchases I made, but it's nice to get it. Don't paid Prime members feel screwed if Amazon does that?

Nope, not at all.. It doesn't effect my shipping time nor the price I pay for a tube of RTV, so why should I care?

Originally Posted by JustinH
If a company is going to charge me $140 per year or whatever to deliver ANYTHING directly to my door in one day, I will gladly pay it the rest of my life.

Think about that for a second. I have no desire to drudge around shopping centers. Also heavy, bulky items dropped directly to my door.

I work two jobs, and do consulting. Wife works a full time professional job, and has to go to license supervision weekly. Ordering all this junk on the internet saves us a ton of time, and money. There is little impulse shopping, we get what we need.

This 👆, in a nutshell...$140 over the course of a year isn't going to change my way of life. If it does change yours, than maybe you need to reconsider shopping online to begin with?🤔

Last edited:
I had loss prevention following me around the last time I was in Wal-Mart.

From now on I'll shop online at Amazon and Publix for fresh produce and meat.

Well yeah, that's because you basically stole something by consuming it before you paid for it. You can't do that when shopping at Amazon.

Originally Posted by Wolf359

Well yeah, that's because you basically stole something by consuming it before you paid for it. You can't do that when shopping at Amazon.

...‚...‚...‚... that reminds me of a woman (I think it was Florida) that are half the cake while shopping in WM and when they rang it up she argued it should be half off..no joke, Google it!...‚...‚...‚ I think she ended up having to pay full price after the cops were called and getting trespassed from that store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back