Computer show

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the late 90's and early 2000's, I would go with my grandfather to local/regional computer shows.

Are there any sort of computer show's/expos anymore? Or are these all gone?

I used to go to the Ken Gordon shows. They said they went out of business in 2005. Basically the whole point of going to the shows were that they were cheaper than buying online. But then Amazon and other online retailers beat the shows so there was no point going anymore. They also used to be good for software too...

I live in the metro area that used to hold Hamvention / Computerfest at the old Hara Arena. I know that ham radio folks will know what I'm talking about.... You always knew when it was going on 'cause you'd see cars, trucks, RVs, etc with 14 different antennas on them !!

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Sad to see the Hara destroyed by tornado.
It had been abandoned and was in really, really bad shape before the tornado. A developer had (and may still have) plans to renovate it to some degree but I'm not sure why... Bands (concerts) stopped playing there, Hamvention moved to a different location, no hockey in almost a decade....

Originally Posted by redhat
In the late 90's and early 2000's, I would go with my grandfather to local/regional computer shows.

Are there any sort of computer show's/expos anymore? Or are these all gone?

I heard but never went.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back