New Truck Owners - What Did You Pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at a 2019 Silverado Double Cab Custom, 5.3L 4x4. The Custom is the trim between Work Truck and LT. I like it because it has the 6 speed auto. I won't touch the 8 speed with a 34.5' pole.

Truck has the following options:

Destination Charge $1,595.00
Installed Options
Differential, heavy-duty locking rear $395.00
Trailer brake controller, integrated $275.00
Engine, 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 $1,395.00
Custom Value Package $1,470.00
Tires, 275/60R20SL all-terrain, blackwall $200.00
CUSTOM VALUE PACKAGE DISCOUNT -$250.00
Total Options $3,485.00
MSRP* $42,980.00

I finally found a dealer who knows how to communicate via e-mail.

Right now, I'm looking at $ 37,xxx OTD. I'm trying to get them to throw in a fiberglass hard tonneau cover, spray in bedliner, and white letter tires.

What do you think? Good price?

Truck looks like this:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Interior's kind of basic, but I'm coming from a 2003 Dodge with crank windows, so this is still an upgrade.

My one thought is when it comes time to sell, people love 4WD. You are in NY where it snows. Not sure what locking rear diff? Is there a button? My 1999 Dodge Ram diesel with limited slip rear end could not get out of its own way in the snow.

I think a target discount for a GM truck like that should be around 10k off. If you go more loaded, closer to 15k off. I got my truck used, with 70k miles, 55k sticker when new, paid 31k.

Originally Posted by oilpsi2high
I like it because it has the 6 speed auto. I won't touch the 8 speed with a 34.5' pole.
Won't touch an 8-speed from GM, or any kind of 8-speed?

The ZF8 trans in Ram is proven and reliable, AFAIK. I like the looks of Ram, both inside and out, alas, that's just personal preference.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
I like it because it has the 6 speed auto. I won't touch the 8 speed with a 34.5' pole.

The ZF8 trans in Ram is proven and reliable, AFAIK. I like the looks of Ram, both inside and out, alas, that's just personal preference.

HEMI scares me. Uncle has one with the HEMI tick. All the stories I hear about lifters make me worried. Def like the ZF 8 speed though.

HEMI scares me. Uncle has one with the HEMI tick. All the stories I hear about lifters make me worried. Def like the ZF 8 speed though.

The AFM GM trucks have the exact same issue, as the systems are almost identical.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

The AFM GM trucks have the exact same issue, as the systems are almost identical.

I think GM fixed them for 2014+.

I guess it was mainly the 09-12 HEMIs that did it though. So who knows.

I BELIEVE (and I could be wrong) but the lifter supplier for both the GM AFM lifters and the Chrysler MDS lifters is the same. The lifters look basically identical. So I'd wager if the GM ones have been fixed, so have the FCA ones by extension.

Regarding your OP, this was the 2019 we picked up:
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5014173/2019-ram-1500-sport

These prices are Canadian, so keep that in mind. The options are all listed in the thread. Sticker was ~$64,000, we paid I believe $48,000? Might have been $46K, I can check the paperwork when I get home. Typically, you can get a pretty good discount via incentives and the like on trucks.

The newer AFM works good. My 6.2 spends a decent amount of time in V4 and can pull great MPG. If i was to drive between 40 and 50 mph flat road no stops it can produce 30 mpg in that ideal environment. Mostly city stop and go nets me 15 mpg. I love the 8 speed, and it if it breaks GM prices them under 3k for a whole new trans.

I paid right at $40,000 OTD for this 2018 Silverado 3500HD

I looked at trucks like the one you are eyeing....and since I already had a truck with a back seat and NO ONE ever sat in it, I decided to get the BEST TRUCK for the same money.

Basically in WT/LT configuration.....you can get a 1500 with 4 doors for the same price as a 3500 with 2 doors. I opted for the better/more capable truck.

Yeah, I miss not being able to throw my "stuff" in the back seat....but it was just a location for "clutter" for me. I can fit 3 across the front seat in my truck now no problem.

Lastly, I DESPISE the AFM. I wanted the 6.0.....and I wanted the 6L90 transmission and dump-truck duty rear axle.
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by mrsilv04
Here's something to compare to, big Chevy dealer in the Chicago suburbs. I've bought here before.

Nearly the same price MSRP... but they're at $32.XXX, and they break down how they get to that price.

https://www.phillipschevy.com/new/C...-il-eee7dd440a0e0ae7453a44723875b837.htm

You're getting taken for a ride at $37,XXX.

37k includes 8% state sales tax and all fees.

It's a great looking truck, but I couldn't imagine spending that if it's not 4x4. I've got nothing against 2wd. I've owned a few, but I wouldn't buy new w/out 4x4 where I live. A total dive bomb for resale.

LTZ 6.2 4x4 52k before taxes and extended warranty. for another 10k you'll get resale if you take care of it. Highly recommend you disable AFM ASAP, the trans works much better silky smooth with it off. ...Please you anti modders just keep it to yourself.
smirk2.gif

I'm trying to get them to throw in a fiberglass hard tonneau cover, spray in bedliner, and white letter tires.

Thats thousands of dollars worth of upgrades. Dont expect them to "throw it in".

Originally Posted by dareo
The newer AFM works good. My 6.2 spends a decent amount of time in V4 and can pull great MPG. If i was to drive between 40 and 50 mph flat road no stops it can produce 30 mpg in that ideal environment. Mostly city stop and go nets me 15 mpg. I love the 8 speed, and it if it breaks GM prices them under 3k for a whole new trans.

The current one can run on 1-8 cylinders. OP $34-35K after taxes title and license seems to be a fair deal. You may be able to knock another $1K off since it's a double cab.

Status
Not open for further replies.