Not open for further replies.
Any good crashes? Americans love to see crashes
shocked.gif

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
COOL!!
cool.gif
19.gif

I am a BIG rally fan, as it is my FAVE form of motorsport, and I work/volunteer at several of the east coast ARA events every year.

Most U.S. residents have NO CLUE WHATSOEVER as to what rallying even is, let alone the format of the events, as they only like sports/motorsports where they can see ALL of the action at one time, ALL of the time, in a little 'bowl', or very small venue
They also don't like events against the clock, where it is not wheel to wheel, with MUCH carnage (BOTH human tissue AND metal/composites/etc.) possible, as stated above.
frown.gif

The Europeans/rest of world on the other hand, WILL camp out for days ahead of time to see a WRC event, or a major cycling stage race pass by

Originally Posted by dailydriver

They also don't like events against the clock, where it is not wheel to wheel, with MUCH carnage (BOTH human tissue AND metal/composites/etc.) possible, as stated above.
frown.gif

Sad, but true, at least in part. Many American race fans don't watch rally. I love it. My post above was a little attempt at humor. Rally cars do have some epic wipeouts though.

I was a pretty hard core dirt bike guy, so rally cars are well within my interest. Unlike NASTYCAR.

I'm old enough to remember a few 2 stroke Saab rally car entries. They were slow, slow, slow. But very cool to watch.

Originally Posted by UG_Passat
Tarmac Rally in the US is very rare also. Rally NY did tarmac stages. But it only lasted a few years. I did work the first year of the tarmac stages.

https://youtu.be/yOlWSV4eBfA

That is my most major regret about U.S./North American rallying (besides not having the multitudes of very TOP LEVEL {R5 class, ex-WRC class, etc.} cars, like at even a minor Euro/Brit event), the TOTAL lack of FULL tarmac events, which are plentiful in England/Europe, and especially in Ireland.
frown.gif

It would be cool IF Empire State Performance Rally could have tarmac stages included, and I am SURE that the strong Irish/recently naturalized Irish American contingent competing in it would also greatly appreciate that change.
lol.gif
wink.gif
19.gif

Originally Posted by UG_Passat
Tarmac Rally in the US is very rare also. Rally NY did tarmac stages. But it only lasted a few years. I did work the first year of the tarmac stages.

https://youtu.be/yOlWSV4eBfA

That is my most major regret about U.S./North American rallying (besides not having the multitudes of very TOP LEVEL {R5 class, ex-WRC class, etc.} cars, like at even a minor Euro/Brit event), the TOTAL lack of FULL tarmac events, which are plentiful in England/Europe, and especially in Ireland. [:(]

Tarmac rallying is to me at least, the one TRUE form of 'road' racing, as it is ALWAYS done on closed public roads, imperfections, warts, scars, and all, and NOT on (for the most part) perfectly billiard table top smooth road courses.

The cars, yes, even at the highest levels of R&D/modifications/class are STILL much closer to actual street cars than all but the most 'showroom stock'-like (T-xx classes in SCCA currently??) road race rides.
wink.gif

It would be cool IF Empire State Performance Rally could have tarmac stages included, and I am SURE that the strong Irish/recently naturalized Irish American contingent competing in it would also greatly appreciate that change.
lol.gif
:driving;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back