Saw Alice Cooper tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like him or hate him, he puts on a good show.
Nita Strauss was awesome as always on guitar and Joe Perry of Aerosmith is also touring with him on guitar.

Listen to Alice all the time on his radio show. Seems like a humble guy, always golfing, drug free
thumbsup2.gif

If you get the opportunity, go see him. Been a lifelong dream to see him after watching a VHS my granny had when I was a kid of him on the Muppets.

I saw his show here in NZ a couple of years ago, a life long dream. A birthday present from my kids - we were at my daughters for my birthday, and I misplaced my phone, so asked someone to ring it so I could find it. A life long fan, my ring tone was Schools Out - there was a bit of a snicker, but surely they've heard my phone before. Then they presented me with the tickets. My wife and I went, she thought Nita Strauss was overdoing the hair flicks, but I didn't mind. ALL my wife's family were there too - they blame her for being Alice Cooper fans, her first record was Love It To Death.

I've recently become a fan. He has a couple of his shows on youtube if you look, some are from fans but a couple look pretty professional. Good show.

He lives in Phoenix and is fairly visible publicly. Does some funny TV ads. Billion Dollar Babies and Welcome to My Nightmare were both released when I was in high school, kinda remember both played at high distortion levels on Friday nights in the woods somewhere...

I saw him last Tuesday. We actually went because my wife is a huge Halestorm fan and they opened for him. I'm not into his music really but he always seemed like a decent guy in interviews and since his stage setup was so elaborate I conned my wife into staying for a while (we hadnt planned to stay at all past Halestorm). She ended up liking it but we only stayed for about half the show. We were in the 4th row so it was loud, and I do mean LOUD, and he was right in front of us a lot of the time so I got some great pictures and my tinnitus got a fresh recharge, even with toilet paper stuck in my ears for makeshift earplugs. Overall pretty entertaining even thought I didnt know much of his music. I would have liked to have stayed for the whole show, and if it were a Friday or Saturday we probably would have but I had been up since 5:00 a.m. and had to be up again in six hours, so after four or five songs in a row neither of us recognized we hit the road before the show ended so we wouldnt get stuck in traffic.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Always though his music was a lot of fun. Never my favorite, but always worth a listen. I'll bet his shows are epic.

schools out for summer was a epic in the parking lot at school on the last day. As a senor I had started building high power stereos, this was in 1974 frame so I had to play it at high volume on the seniors last day.

Oh my tinnitus!

I loved his Muppet performance. He had a lot of fun with them and it showed.

Rod

Many years ago, I was standing in line with him waiting to board an airplane. Nicest guy you'd want to meet. As most of you know, the Alice Cooper persona is just an act. He says if he saw the real Alice Cooper coming down the sidewalk, he'd cross the street. He's a born again Christian.

I have an on-call employee who's real job is in lighting/sound/stage setup. He toured with Alice Cooper last fall and said the same as Burt above: a very nice, considerate, genuine, well-grounded person.

Originally Posted by quint
I saw him last Tuesday. We actually went because my wife is a huge Halestorm fan and they opened for him.

Were the opposite. I was like who are these bands? I'm here to see Alice lol. I was the only 27 year old sitting down with all the old people until alice cooper took stage.
Alot of people came there just for the two opening acts, and I was like uhh? I've never heard of either bands, they must be popular.

Last edited:
Halestorm opens for a lot of bigger bands, but we have seen them at smaller and midsized venues where they are the headliner and had bands opening for them. The other band, the albino zombie dead baby eaters or whoever they were, I had never heard of. Not a whole lot of people were really paying attention to them other than some people in the pit and the first row or two. For Halestorm, I'd say 70% of the pavilion was full and a lot of the lawn, and the crowd was pretty much paying attention to them and a lot of people were singing along.

Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis

Were the opposite. I was like who are these bands? I'm here to see Alice lol. I was the only 27 year old sitting down with all the old people until alice cooper took stage.
Alot of people came there just for the two opening acts, and I was like uhh? I've never heard of either bands, they must be popular.

I bought tix because my daughter and her friend wanted to see MIW and I thought it would be fun to see Alice.
I have seen MIW with her twice before and they're OK...took her to a Warped tour a few years ago and she actually got to take part in a sort of class/discussion about performing held by their lead singer. He looks scarier than Alice ever did to me, but is actually a bright guy and loves to interact with his fans.

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis

I bought tix because my daughter and her friend wanted to see MIW and I thought it would be fun to see Alice.
I have seen MIW with her twice before and they're OK...took her to a Warped tour a few years ago and she actually got to take part in a sort of class/discussion about performing held by their lead singer. He looks scarier than Alice ever did to me, but is actually a bright guy and loves to interact with his fans.

Yeah. That MIW band was like a Kmart Blue Light Special Marilyn Manson. It was weird.

I decided awhile back to see people I've always wanted to see, or liked, before they died. I turned down FREE David Bowie tickets because I was dumb, well he died a few months later.

So far this year I've seen KISS, BadCo/ZZ Top, and now Alice, never seen any live.

Last year I did see Ozzy, but I've already seen him before. Lol

I saw Alice Cooper twice in the mid 70's. The first one was during the Billion Dollar Babies Tour in 1973. The concert was so impressive that I saw him again during the next Welcome to My Nightmare Tour in 1975.
The Welcome to My Nightmare stage show was fabulous and his two new guitar players Steve Hunter and **** Wagner were absolutely phenomenal. The show was so successful that the concert tour continued for two years. It is the best concert that I have ever seen, hands down, and I have seen them all! To this day I compare every concert that I see to this one.

Originally Posted by wag123
I saw Alice Cooper twice in the mid 70's. The first one was during the Billion Dollar Babies Tour in 1973. The concert was so impressive that I saw him again during the next Welcome to My Nightmare Tour in 1975.
The Welcome to My Nightmare stage show was fabulous and his two new guitar players Steve Hunter and **** Wagner were absolutely phenomenal. The show was so successful that the concert tour continued for two years. It is the best concert that I have ever seen, hands down, and I have seen them all! To this day I compare every concert that I see to this one.

Is that the same **** Wagner that had his group The Frost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back