Heart Rate Monitors - With Alarm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested in a fitbit-like device that monitors your heart rate 24/7 (bonus for BP and other features). I know absolutely nothing about any device on the market. What I'm really interested in is one that has some sort of [audible?] alarm for when your heart rate gets too low, too high, or is out of whack (programmable settings for that would be a bonus as well). The only thing that comes to mind is something like Jackie Gleason's in Smokey and the Bandit Part 2... ooOOMMMM
lol.gif
. Price really isn't an issue, but I don't want to spend $1k either. I do value quality over price (as with most things in life). Could anyone point me in the right direction or make any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Apple watch has what you need built in. Besides the heart stuff, it has ECG, GPS, and a wide variety of apps (mostly health related). You can add specific apps like HeartWatch for more detailed monitoring. I'd get a model 4 , or the new model 5 which is coming out in September. It also includes some emergency notifications. An iPhone is recommended for programming and customizing it.

Pricing is in the $375-$500 range. You can also add cellular capabilities, but that costs $100 extra + $10/mo.

Battery life is around 1 day, and it recharges in 1-2 hrs.

Another vote for the Apple Watch. Not only do you get the heart monitor function but a whole lot of other capabilities. If you own a iPhone this is a no brainer.

Thanks for the input.

Um, I guess I should have clarified. S9 user here. No Apple in my household. I'm assuming the Apple Watch isn't compatible...?

Originally Posted by tony1679
Thanks for the input.

Um, I guess I should have clarified. S9 user here. No Apple in my household. I'm assuming the Apple Watch isn't compatible...?

Yep, doesn't work with Android. There were always rumors that they might do it to increase sales as it hasn't taken off as much as they hoped, but still no word of them doing that yet. For the android world, there really isn't anything quite as advanced as the Apple watch in that it can do ECG.

The Samsung Galaxy Active/SmartWatch might come close though, they're about $200 to $300..

Tony, I had some type of EKG/ECG device with 4 adhesive patches that hooked directly to a monitor that was hung around my neck for 3 days, It logged its data wireless to an Android based software phone that I kept in my pocket or close by, and sent that data to a monitoring service. I can not recall the exact name of the system as it was put on me at the hospital. I did not have to pay for it. It would probably not be an option for you.

I looked up ECG Android based monitors, and there are many. You would have to do your own research if you wanted a phone based monitor. There are many wireless monitors you could choose from. The fitbit device I looked at seems like a good option also. Good luck, I hope you find something that works out well for you.

https://www.vrlegends.com/best-ecg-ekg-monitor-device/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back