Bought a used 2018 Elantra Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by MONKEYMAN
I just had my 2017 Elantra repaired used fender, mirror, drivers window was over $1,700. You did well.

The quote I got doesn't replace the hood or the bumper cover. I think you got a better deal on your body work than my quote.

Originally Posted by supton
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Killer price on the Hyundai.

BUT, I would not let my wife wear cloths like that. But I am conservative this way I suppose.

Enjoy.

I'd totally let my wife dress like that. Win-win for the both of us.

If mine had a body like that, I also wouldn't mind.
smirk.gif

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Originally Posted by MONKEYMAN
I just had my 2017 Elantra repaired used fender, mirror, drivers window was over $1,700. You did well.

The quote I got doesn't replace the hood or the bumper cover. I think you got a better deal on your body work than my quote.

The did well comment was more about price of the car and the car itself. My stripped down 2017 SE was $15k out the door. Your Sport would have gone for closer to 20k. Hyundai keeps upping their game. They did a lot to make the car structurally better. You got the body style I like before they went the 2019 face and rear lift. So far my Elantra has been a solid performer I would buy again.

Just bought and installed a Napa Gold air filter. I don't know if the air filter I removed was original or not, but the Napa air filter is made in Korea and appears to be the same exact filter in every detail.

EXCELLENT BUY! Congrats on a very nice driver's car with low mileage with a sweet manual gear shift.

I noticed the traction control is really aggressive on this car when gunning it from a dead stop. When i gunned it the traction light blinked on and cut the power more than it should I feel.
My GTI's traction control isn't as aggressive. When I turned off the traction control on the Elantra, it transformed how fast it got off the line.

The brake pedal feel and modulation is fantastic. The spare tire looks like it has never been used and only had 26 pounds in it.
The trunk liner is rubber on one side, carpet on the other.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Why post photo of wife with face covered up ?
It's like covering up license plates in car photos. The OP wanted you to focus on other features/attributes.
smile.gif

I just got done changing the oil. Pennzoil Platinunm 5W30, a Hyundai filter from Walmart and a crush gasket from Napa. It holds 4.8 quarts. Looking at the oil pan, I observed the engine wouldn't drain all it's oil out when parked on ramps. I jacked the rear of the car up and sure enough, more oil drained out; how much I don't know.

This place does excellent work and is guaranteed for as long as you own the car:

https://www.metroaccidentrepair.com/

Free estimates and they can prob give you a good estimate if you provide them with pics. Since you're kind of far away they might be able to provide a free loaner. They're right on the button when giving a time line. Maybe see if they can do the repairs for $1k including a loaner car. The work area is spotless inside. I stopped in midway between a repair they were doing. They had no issue with me checking it out. Plus the car wasn't mine but my dad's car. They repaired two accidents for him.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
I just got done changing the oil. Pennzoil Platinunm 5W30, a Hyundai filter from Walmart and a crush gasket from Napa. It holds 4.8 quarts. Looking at the oil pan, I observed the engine wouldn't drain all it's oil out when parked on ramps. I jacked the rear of the car up and sure enough, more oil drained out; how much I don't know.

I had to do the same on my newly purchased Tucson with the 1.6T.

Congrats on the car! Looks like a winner. I think you bought it right as well. I don't think the clutch will be terribly hard to change on that car. Looking under my Tucson it appears you could pull the whole engine and trans out the bottom in a few hours if one wanted.

I bet that car runs pretty well, I've rented non turbo elantras in the past and been impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back