Oil change after induction cleaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my oil, QS 5w-40 has 1000kms on it.
I am going to do an induction clean with CRC before we go on a 18 hour road trip.
Do I really need to change the oil after or could I change it when we get back in two weeks 4,000kms later.
2.0 T hundai engine.

I have that same engine in a 2013 Santa Fe Sport. Zero issues. 76K miles

Why do you think you need this done so early or even at all?

Last edited:
Why take a chance? Do it when you get back.

I wouldn't want the stray cleaning solvent in the oil for too long. It can't be helping, especially with the fuel dilution Hyundai DI engines are known for.

Its not optimal. I guess oil is cheap and I'd change it if you must do the cleaning now.

it makes more sense to do the cleaning when you return, then change the oil.

I would wait till after the trip to do the cleaning, then change the oil.

You just don't know what is getting cleaned out and put into the oil.

I have 2 cans of the same cleaner that I will be using on my DI engines a few hundred miles before their next oil changes.
One is on my mom's Kia Soul with only 24,000 miles, the other is on my Santa Fe that will have almost 20,000 miles when I do it.
Do they need them, probably not, but for $16 it will not hurt to do it (and plan on doing it every 20,000 miles or so).

Originally Posted by nicholas
So my oil, QS 5w-40 has 1000kms on it.
I am going to do an induction clean with CRC before we go on a 18 hour road trip.
Do I really need to change the oil after or could I change it when we get back in two weeks 4,000kms later.
2.0 T hundai engine.

What's the first rule of car maintenance?... never mess with it before a road trip.

And that's all I'm going to say about that..

Last edited:
Originally Posted by P7hk9

I wouldn't want the stray cleaning solvent in the oil for too long. It can't be helping, especially with the fuel dilution Hyundai DI engines are known for.

You should do some reading your off target.

Originally Posted by dave1251

Reading my off target what?

What and where should I be reading?

I would do it to coincide with my next OCI. Not in the beginning or middle of an OCI.

I think he's trying to deny that there is any fuel dilution issues with Hyundai GDI engines. My girlfriend's car begs to differ, however it is short tripped and we have cold weather in the winter which is when I first noticed the strong fuel smell in the oil.

Originally Posted by caprice_2nv

I think he's trying to deny that there is any fuel dilution issues with Hyundai GDI engines. My girlfriend's car begs to differ, however it is short tripped and we have cold weather in the winter which is when I first noticed the strong fuel smell in the oil.

Well your wrong also. CRC uses EPA for cleaning not solvents and what miniscule amount of CRC survives the combustion cycle will do no harm.

Originally Posted by dubber09
Do the CRC thing after you come back and then change oil.

That's what I would do. Do it before an oil change, then drive the car, get the oil nice and hot and change it. Safe and simple, eliminates any doubt or guess work.

Clean then dump the oil. IMO, unless you're using aggressive cleaners like GM Top Engine Cleaner or BG/MOC's induction cleaners, whatever is left from that CRC stuff will flash off when you go on a decently long(10-20 mile) drive. The solvents in the CRC GDI cleaner don't seem too aggressive, the PEA is doing the cleaning.

http://docs.crcindustries.com/msds/1003763E.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back