Scotty K. has finally let me down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this vid this morning on the "indestructability of old Volvo's"
At roughly the 2 minute mark you can see that the rear drivers wheel assembly as been pushed forward.
This car will chew thru rear tires and never align properly until fixed.
Problem could be as simple as a rear control arm or frame has been bent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwa0Qc2qlNA

Well I got a soft spot for Volvo , apparently in my head . I bought a barely used S60 T5 like 6 months ago sold it 3 months ago . What a pile . This new 2.0 turbo engine they have is a disaster . The one time I didn't do research on a vehicle and it but me in the arse . Good thing they are going electric they can't do ICE .

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
At roughly the 2 minute mark you can see that the rear drivers wheel assembly as been pushed forward.

Okay Stanley C, you have a good point.

Yep, it is pretty clear something is very off. Dyskinesia Scotty missed that one. I thought Scotty didn't like turbos. Apparently just some turbos.

Originally Posted by Kjmack
Well I got a soft spot for Volvo , apparently in my head . I bought a barely used S60 T5 like 6 months ago sold it 3 months ago . What a pile . This new 2.0 turbo engine they have is a disaster . The one time I didn't do research on a vehicle and it but me in the arse . Good thing they are going electric they can't do ICE .

Is it? I have the VEA engine in my V40, albeit a diesel. It's been great for 20k.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
Yep, it is pretty clear something is very off. Dyskinesia Scotty missed that one. I thought Scotty didn't like turbos. Apparently just some turbos.

As someone once said before, it's all about getting the most attention on Youtube.
His useful content has decreased.
Now it's all about struggling to keep the attention and fanbase pleased with his "knowledge".

Originally Posted by TTK
Originally Posted by Lolvoguy

Okay Stanley C, you have a good point.

Wow, you must be some sort of internet detective or something.
Ever consider a career with Scotland Yard?

At first sight it does seem that way, i.e. that the rear wheel assembly was pushed forward. However, looking at the for sale pics of CX70s it seems that's how they are made.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

With the plethora of good automotive how-to youtubers out there such as ChrisFix and South Main Auto, I don't understand why people keep going back to watch this drivel.

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
I would bet that Volvo would probably hold about 500 cat pillows.

Easily!

Originally Posted by JustN89
......................I don't understand why people keep going back to watch this drivel.

Simple pleasures for simple minds I guess.

I had an uncle that had a white 69 or 70 Volvo four door sedan with a red interior. He had that car until about 1982 and sold it to a neighbor who used it to go to work every day. I last heard about five years ago that the same guy still had the car and it had over 400,000 miles on it. I wish I could follow up. I'd love to know if that car still runs.
I have fond childhood memories of all of us cousins being taken to the beach in that car and I forever have the vision of the red carpeted floor being covered in sand.

Originally Posted by JustN89
With the plethora of good automotive how-to youtubers out there such as ChrisFix and South Main Auto, I don't understand why people keep going back to watch this drivel.

His viewers enjoy one or more of the following:

The "endless money pit" rants which include all German makes, other than a german-built Benz, and any non-Toyota (Lexus)/Honda/Hyundai.
Fawning over a few select domestic trucks (ex, F150, Ram).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back