GOOGLE HOME HUB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have two Google Home Minis. As long as Google isn't the government I have no really problems with them spying on me. Think the idea that they're always listening when you don't say "Hey Google " is a bit paranoid. Between Maps and search they pretty well know you anyway.

Originally Posted by mclasser
Nah, I don't need Google spying on me any more than it already does.

My thoughts exactly !

Anyone remember the book / movie 1984 ?

Originally Posted by alarmguy
Google is ALL things EVIL, cant believe people invite them into their lives and lives of their children, all in the name of "free"

I agree! I will not use Google search engine, most of their apps, or Chrome, way too many annoying video ads and ads vs no ads on Firefox. I do use You Tube how to videos and Google maps on my phone after I get lost, I don't have a Nav system in my vehicles. Other than that no Google is willing or knowingly used.

Whimsey

Originally Posted by Whimsey
Originally Posted by alarmguy
Google is ALL things EVIL, cant believe people invite them into their lives and lives of their children, all in the name of "free"

I agree! I will not use Google search engine, most of their apps, or Chrome, way too many annoying video ads and ads vs no ads on Firefox. I do use You Tube how to videos and Google maps on my phone after I get lost, I don't have a Nav system in my vehicles. Other than that no Google is willing or knowingly used.

Whimsey

This is nice to hear, maybe sooner or later other people will continue to wake up and learn.
I avoid all things google, it doesnt mean, at this point, that I have it out of my life either.
I do turn off and deny permissions for anything google and will reactivate only for single use things.
I use dudckduckgo.com and Bing.com as well as google search.

I go into settings for google and turn off tracking on my account and every other persmission practical.
You have to start someplace.

Another good browser is Opera, even has a free VPN if you want.
I use ghostry and adblocker plus on all browsers as well, opera has a built in ad blocker.
I do favor firefox right now but that changes and I have been using edge a bit more, I never use Chrome.

Originally Posted by Subdued
so much paranoia

01.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back