Cool Casio watch ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this watch when I was probably 10 years old or so. I remember my parents bought it at an Eckerd's drug store. Back then those stores sold everything. They even has stereo equipment!

You can get a whole bunch of Casio F91w's for that-- fifty of 'em to be exact. I replace when the strap breaks, since it costs as much as the watch. Plus the F91w used to be the official watch of Al-Qeada, was always afraid I'd be stopped at the airport but hasn't happened yet. This thing's too expensive for bomb use, but I'm glad they kept the classic Casio digital form factor. See, always knew I was cool.

I'm not one of those who thinks that millisecond views briefly flashing on the screen is cool. It's annoying and distracting, especially when you want to see the various features.

Originally Posted by Cujet
I'm not one of those who thinks that millisecond views briefly flashing on the screen is cool. It's annoying and distracting, especially when you want to see the various features.

I'm with you. The current "browsing speed" is far too short ...and thinking about it, it only allows subliminal advertising to work therefore bypassing the logical part of your brain - probably increases sales.

Do they really offer metal Casio for $50? I belive the newer version offers GPS and also smart watch functions in the $500+ range.

If memory fails me correctly, the $500 model is made from an alloy of cryptonium nitride and unobtanium. Those metals are so rare that a $50 watch would naturally sell for 10 times what it's worth.

27.gif

Casio was my travel watch since 1991. The most I ever paid for one was $100 in Tokyo.
A few months back I got my first Apple Watch … (cost a bit more) … but of course I found a strap/guard to make it more Casio-ish

C64EE493-F85F-406F-BA6F-DBE0BC6EEB72.jpeg

The gw300 was a gift and it`s gone through 3 bands and two bezels and now needs a rechargeable battery, will probably replace the watch with another Casio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back