How Much Should I Sell this Table & Chairs for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, no IKEA, Costco, or Target "furniture" for me....lol. Most stuff made today is crap with short cuts taken in places you can't readily see. I'd much prefer a quality piece of furniture that's 20-50 or more years old and has withstood the ravages of time very well. Nothing like quality stuff that was made in the 1920's to 60's.

Originally Posted by 69GTX
Sorry, no IKEA, Costco, or Target "furniture" for me....lol. Most stuff made today is crap with short cuts taken in places you can't readily see. I'd much prefer a quality piece of furniture that's 20-50 or more years old and has withstood the ravages of time very well. Nothing like quality stuff that was made in the 1920's to 60's.

Costco furniture is really high quality (by today's standards), you just don't have many choices.

Originally Posted by atikovi
I think we hurt OP's feelings.

I hope not, it's just a table!

Haven't looked at such tables ever. Looks rather universal than dated to me but I'm not focused on such things.

It looked good to me and appears to be quite strong.

funny

Id probably put it up for $300 and take an offer of $250 cash.

Not my style but it does look nice. But it is used non-hardwood furniture.

Depends on what furniture.

I'd rather have decently priced furniture that looks good and I can replace more often than something boring and expensive that would be a waste to replace when it's out of date.

Originally Posted by dishdude

Why would y'all think this? I've been splitting my time recently between bitog and f150forums.com. Plus busy doing other stuff.

No hurt feelings here. It's worth what it's worth. I was going to donate it to Habitat Restore to begin with, then thought maybe sell instead. But selling has it's hassles.

Not everyone has $10k+ to drop on a house full of antiques or is a boomer who was around when that stuff was being used for firewood. Besides, you can still get good stuff today if you are willing to pay for it.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Originally Posted by dishdude

Why would y'all think this? I've been splitting my time recently between bitog and f150forums.com. Plus busy doing other stuff.

No hurt feelings here. It's worth what it's worth. I was going to donate it to Habitat Restore to begin with, then thought maybe sell instead. But selling has it's hassles.

HAHA, most people here get defensive if you say their beater they think should sell for $3000 is worth $1200 tops.

Set it in your front yard with a FREE sign on it and watch it fly away, when i want to get rid of stuff,
cheers3.gif

Is it strong enough to take apart a transmission on?

Good question, but how many people even here are actually going to do that?

My gut feeling is it would sell between $200-$350 because it is used, but you never know, if you can wait and keep posting ads waiting for the right buyer you may get $400.

People buying at that price point won't be too picky about the style, and will use it till they can afford their own stuff later. It does have 6 chairs so it has to be worth more than $150 that people are saying here, and it is clean and not damaged, so that's IMO at least $200.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back