Frecious Plus after 16,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Cheapest would be no filter at all.
grin2.gif
Afterall the first 100 years of automobiles did just fine without them.

You could always try the k&n cabin filters too, they're pretty nice. It's amazing how much these cabin filters catch, twigs leaves and seed pods. I'm glad that that junk is caught by a filter and not just sitting there in the bottom of the blower housing, rotting away.

Originally Posted by Fsharp
... I'm glad that that junk is caught by a filter and not just sitting there in the bottom of the blower housing, rotting away.
Yes, or clogging the heater core or the evaporator.

Last edited:
You could always try the k&n cabin filters too, they're pretty nice. It's amazing how much these cabin filters catch, twigs leaves and seed pods. I'm glad that that junk is caught by a filter and not just sitting there in the bottom of the blower housing, rotting away.

Not on the VW's that use my style of filter, as the installation and removal requires flexibility of the cabin filter. A rigid filter frame is a no-go.

See:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZx7mCpnr9M

Yo, atikovi, CAFs are there to protect the AC parts not you "or your family" (standard advertising inclusion).

Ergo, the comment "... After all the first 100 years of automobiles did just fine without them." isn't pertinent.

I'd much rather have 'em and so would you...in the cars you keep that is.

Originally Posted by UG_Passat

Not on the VW's that use my style of filter, as the installation and removal requires flexibility of the cabin filter. A rigid filter frame is a no-go.

See:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZx7mCpnr9M

I believe K&N does make one for your vehicle. The frame is made of rubbery material. It can flex some. Nothing wrong with staying with paper filters though.

Originally Posted by Ilia
according to german adac: corteco micronair>mann>mahle.

Good thing VW also buys filters from MicronAir.

The Blue proTECT is also quite expensive.

I tried searching for "Corteco" and "MicronAir" on adac.de and nothing comes up

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Kira
Yo, atikovi, CAFs are there to protect the AC parts not you "or your family" (standard advertising inclusion).

Ergo, the comment "... After all the first 100 years of automobiles did just fine without them." isn't pertinent.

I'd much rather have 'em and so would you...in the cars you keep that is.

That argument is always dumb anyway. The first 100 years of automobiles also did without air bags, and I'm awfully glad that they have them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back