Remington RM380

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Shipping it to where/who? Though any gun bought on-line had to be shipped to a licensed gun dealer.

To the FFL dealer of your choice. In this case from Rural King to Rural King (sending it anywhere else will charge a transfer fee).

I don't know why they just don't have you go pick up the gun from the store since they stock the gun at all their local stores instead of making you wait for them to ship one to the store.

Originally Posted by 92saturnsl2
I checked today at lunch and Rural King had the RM380 back in stock, still at the $169 online price, so I bit.

Report?

Originally Posted by funflyer
Report?

It's a fine gun, especially for the price. It's rather utilitarian, a basic discreet conceal carry weapon, which was what I was looking for-- I find it [censored] near perfect for that application.

I've run about 100 rounds through it and haven't had any issues at all, even using cheap target ammo. Very easy shooting, recoil seems lighter than other .380's I've used. Seems very well made, all metal except the grips. Easy takedown and reassembly.

People complain about the trigger a lot in online reviews and I can see why-- It has a really long pull. I found it difficult at first to fire quick shots in succession from not letting the trigger go all the way, but after the first session with it, I had gotten used to it and had no further issues. I actually like the weight of the trigger, serves its purpose given the absence of a mechanical safety. I'd buy this again all day long, especially for the price I paid, under $200 out the door.

I purchased an RM380 from Rural King March 17 2019. It was on sale for 229.00 in store. Got it home and was examining it on the bench. After a few partial trigger pulls the hammer would not go back all the way before dropping. Of course I keep messing with it, it degraded to where the hammer would barely move before dropping. I suspect a defective trigger bar or hammer. I also know that the side grip keeps these engaged and aligned, so that could be an issue too. I didn't remove the side cover to see what was going on in there.
Now the good thing is that Rural King agreed to take care of shipping it back to Remington and receiving it back after repair. Which is a huge burden off of me. I returned it to Rural King March 18 2019. I confirmed Remington got the gun back a little under 2 weeks later. As of 7/1/19 I still don't have it back, I'd like to shoot it someday. We'll see how it runs when I get it back.
Before purchase I read plenty of positive reviews.
My Rural King would not let me handle the gun without a trigger lock on it (policy). I was aware of the long trigger pull. So if you are allowed to prior to purchase, be sure to check out the trigger.
Good Luck

I received a call last Saturday morning from Rural King that my RM380 was back from Remington Repair. 4 months and two days after I returned it to them. Repair order says they replaced the trigger bar, grip panel, and hammer. Works fine now, took it out back and put 20 rds through it, worked fine. Thanks to Rural King for handling the return and receipt process.

I have a little .380 automatic I inherited from am Uncle . Never shot it much .

Always considered .380 a tad weak for self protection . MUCH , MUCH better than no gun at all .

Hope the OP is well served with the Remington .380 . :)

Originally Posted by E150GT
How can you go wrong for $200?

In this case, you can. The current Remington is not even a mere shadow of the once great company that shares the name.

Originally Posted by Slick17601
Originally Posted by E150GT
How can you go wrong for $200?

In this case, you can. The current Remington is not even a mere shadow of the once great company that shares the name.

Yea in WWII the Remington was the best "Colt" made.

Originally Posted by Al

Yea in WWII the Remington was the best "Colt" made.

I think you meant to type Singer Sewing machine and accidentally typed Remington.

Agreed. Everything I've ever read or heard suggests that the singers were absolutely superb. So much so that the powers that be pulled them off of 1911s to make other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back