Couple of different Nissan's today

Status
Not open for further replies.
First is a 2000 Xterra. V6 with a 5 speed manual. 2nd is an 01 Altima also with a 5 speed manual. This car impressed me. Shifts very smooth and is very peppy.

Xterra needs an evaporator. Altima needs an evaporator temperature sensor .

Originally Posted by Gerle
The second generation Altima, 1998-2001, only came with the KA24DE......
Yes, the 01 was the last year before Nissan/(Renault) introduced the 2.5L QR25DE with pre catalytic converters, commonly known as "pre-cats" which failed and relatively quickly rendered the 2.5L engines terminal. 2002-2003 Altima and Sentra models and thier owners were the primary victims of the terminal defect. Knowing that, not surprised the OP found the 01 Altima rather impressive, as opposed to the later two years which would be unlikely to make it to his shop in the same condition to be impressed. Likely most of them in bone yards long ago.

02 Altima 3.5SE 5-speed....on record as the worst car I've owned, from a dependability standpoint. But what a blast to drive. Pretty sure the pre-2002s were better in every way, except available horsepower. :)

Love that iteration of the X-terra. Actually had a slightly newer one as a rental while the Altima was in the shop....again. Didn't want to give it back.

Altima.JPG

I've always found Nissans to be comfortable to be in and nice to drive, with good power from even their smallest of 4cyls. Fit, finish and long term reliability can be an issue with them. More so with some models. The VQ 3.5s are a blast.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by WylieCoyote
02 Altima 3.5SE 5-speed....on record as the worst car I've owned, from a dependability standpoint. But what a blast to drive. Pretty sure the pre-2002s were better in every way, except available horsepower. :)

Love that iteration of the X-terra. Actually had a slightly newer one as a rental while the Altima was in the shop....again. Didn't want to give it back.

Love the looks of these. As good as the first one, almost and have gotten uglier ever since. Shame.

I always likened them to a modern version of a 49 Hudson in styling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back